Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Richard Jones-7
Hi all,

The next meeting is next Monday!

Tennessee is apparently going to tell us about "using Python and AI to
do poorly in the Rock Paper Scissors competition" :-)

I'd like to trial a short talk about PyPI, availability and mirroring.
We'll see how it goes. Is there anyone on the list who knows about
buildout (who might also come along to the meet)?

As always, feel free to pipe up and talk on whatever subject you find
interesting!

As usual the details, including talk signup, are at http://j.mp/mpug


    Richard
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Pomke Nohkan-2
Hiya Richard,

I've done a fair bit with buildbot in the past, what are you trying to do with it?

- Pomke

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

The next meeting is next Monday!

Tennessee is apparently going to tell us about "using Python and AI to
do poorly in the Rock Paper Scissors competition" :-)

I'd like to trial a short talk about PyPI, availability and mirroring.
We'll see how it goes. Is there anyone on the list who knows about
buildout (who might also come along to the meet)?

As always, feel free to pipe up and talk on whatever subject you find
interesting!

As usual the details, including talk signup, are at http://j.mp/mpug


   Richard
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug



--
Pomke 
Coordinator of Dreams and Realities
email: pomke -at- pangur.com.au   web: http://www.pangur.com.au



_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

William Leslie-2
On 27 September 2011 10:36, Pomke Nohkan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hiya Richard,
> I've done a fair bit with buildbot in the past, what are you trying to do
> with it?
> - Pomke

buildout != buildbot. zc.buildout is a build tool (similar to scons or buildr).

--
William Leslie
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Javier Candeira
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but I wanted to share this
with the group:

A Mandelbrot renderer written in obfuscated Python. Proof that you can
write C in any language (even Python), but also a tour de force,
considering that its author manages to arbitrarily arrange the code in
a pretty picture of a Mandelbrot set. This kind of code-as-ascii-art
is common practice in languages like Perl, but rarer and far from
trivial to accomplish in a language with meaningful indentation like
Python.

Enjoy!

http://preshing.com/20110926/high-resolution-mandelbrot-in-obfuscated-python

J
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Rasjid Wilcox

On 29/09/11 12:13, Javier Candeira wrote:
> http://preshing.com/20110926/high-resolution-mandelbrot-in-obfuscated-python
>
Amazing!  I wish I had that much free time.  :-)

Cheers,

Rasjid.

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Javier Candeira
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Rasjid Wilcox <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 29/09/11 12:13, Javier Candeira wrote:
>> http://preshing.com/20110926/high-resolution-mandelbrot-in-obfuscated-python
>>
> Amazing!  I wish I had that much free time.  :-)

I envy your skill then. I see that, and I think I probably have enough
free time, I just wouldn't be able of thinking up so many interesting
solutions to the problem at hand.

J
_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next meeting: Monday the 3rd of October

Rasjid Wilcox
On 29/09/11 20:01, Javier Candeira wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Rasjid Wilcox<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On 29/09/11 12:13, Javier Candeira wrote:
>>> http://preshing.com/20110926/high-resolution-mandelbrot-in-obfuscated-python
>>>
>> Amazing!  I wish I had that much free time.  :-)
> I envy your skill then. I see that, and I think I probably have enough
> free time, I just wouldn't be able of thinking up so many interesting
> solutions to the problem at hand.
>
Hmm... I wouldn't read too much into my comment, other than saying that
I think some people clearly have way too much free time on their hands.

Although I could imagine playing around with mandelbrot sets and the
like if I had lots of free time, I have no interest in writing
obfuscated python, or indeed obfuscated code in any language.  Things
like Perl golf just do no interest me as a sport.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

_______________________________________________
melbourne-pug mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/melbourne-pug