Next meeting: next Monday

Richard Jones-7
Hi all,

The next meeting is next Monday and it'll be the last one at RMIT.

http://j/mp/mpug for details

We still don't have a replacement venue...

     Richard

Re: Next meeting: next Monday

Graeme Cross
On Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:48 PM, "Richard Jones"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next meeting is next Monday and it'll be the last one at RMIT.
>
> http://j/mp/mpug for details

The URL is broken:

Try http://j.mp/mpug for details

Regards
Graeme

Re: Next meeting: next Monday

Noon Silk
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next meeting is next Monday and it'll be the last one at RMIT.
>
> http://j/mp/mpug for details
>
> We still don't have a replacement venue...

So is that to suggest that none of the people that offered sponsorship
worked out? Are you looking for sponsors?

--
Noon Silk

Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

of being this signature."

Re: Next meeting: next Monday

Ed Schofield-3

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Noon Silk <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next meeting is next Monday and it'll be the last one at RMIT.
>
> http://j/mp/mpug for details
>
> We still don't have a replacement venue...

So is that to suggest that none of the people that offered sponsorship
worked out? Are you looking for sponsors?

Python Charmers' offer of sponsorship still stands. If it's necessary.

I'm investigating some alternative venues this week. I'll present a summary of the options and invite feedback at our meeting on Monday.

If anyone has any ideas for alternative venues (other than those discussed so far), please let me know!

Cheers,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers

Re: Next meeting: next Monday

Ed Schofield-3
Hi all,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Noon Silk <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next meeting is next Monday and it'll be the last one at RMIT.
>
> http://j/mp/mpug for details
>
> We still don't have a replacement venue...

So is that to suggest that none of the people that offered sponsorship
worked out? Are you looking for sponsors?

Python Charmers' offer of sponsorship still stands. If it's necessary.

I'm investigating some alternative venues this week. I'll present a summary of the options and invite feedback at our meeting on Monday.

Got a great venue now! It's a cool, huge, modern space. Perfect for talks and post-talk hacking and conversation. We can bring in pizzas from around the corner. Fast, stable, free WiFi and plenty of desks with power sockets for laptops. Super-convenient access.

More details on Monday...

Cheers,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers

Re: Next meeting: next Monday

Noon Silk
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Noon Silk <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> So is that to suggest that none of the people that offered sponsorship
>>> worked out? Are you looking for sponsors?
>>
>> Python Charmers' offer of sponsorship still stands. If it's necessary.
>> I'm investigating some alternative venues this week. I'll present a
>> summary of the options and invite feedback at our meeting on Monday.
>
> Got a great venue now! It's a cool, huge, modern space. Perfect for talks
> and post-talk hacking and conversation. We can bring in pizzas from around
> the corner. Fast, stable, free WiFi and plenty of desks with power sockets
> for laptops. Super-convenient access.

Woohoo!