Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Brent Tubbs-2

Hello Python UK!

I'm a Python dev for YouGov, working from the Palo Alto (California) office.  Our CTO and I will be in London next week and are interested in meeting up with some local Python users for a drink.

I'm just writing to gauge interest right now.  If people seem keen then we'll find a good place and follow up here with more details.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Brent

---------

Brent Tubbs

YouGovPolimetrix

285 Hamilton Avenue
Suite #200

Palo Alto, CA 94301

[hidden email]

http://www.yougov.com/

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Nicholas H.Tollervey
Hi Brent,

Sounds like a plan. Thursday evenings are good for me. There used to be
an occasional London Pyssup organised by Andy Kilner (who I've also
cc'd). He might be able to suggest pubs. Andy..?

All the best,

Nicholas.

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 01:56 +0200, Brent Tubbs wrote:

> Hello Python UK!
>

> I'm a Python dev for YouGov, working from the Palo Alto (California)
> office.  Our CTO and I will be in London next week and are interested
> in meeting up with some local Python users for a drink.
>

> I'm just writing to gauge interest right now.  If people seem keen
> then we'll find a good place and follow up here with more details.
>

> Looking forward to meeting you,
> Brent
>

> ---------
>
> Brent Tubbs
>

> YouGovPolimetrix
>
> 285 Hamilton Avenue
> Suite #200
>
> Palo Alto, CA 94301
>
> [hidden email]
>
> http://www.yougov.com/

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Richard Barran-3
There is also TLPG (The London Python Group) next Tuesday night. It's a fairly new meetup and I haven't been yet.

http://www.meetup.com/The-London-Python-Group-TLPG/events/17172683/

Richard

On 7 May 2011, at 09:20, Nicholas Tollervey wrote:

> Hi Brent,
>
> Sounds like a plan. Thursday evenings are good for me. There used to be
> an occasional London Pyssup organised by Andy Kilner (who I've also
> cc'd). He might be able to suggest pubs. Andy..?
>
> All the best,
>
> Nicholas.
>
> On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 01:56 +0200, Brent Tubbs wrote:
>> Hello Python UK!
>>

>> I'm a Python dev for YouGov, working from the Palo Alto (California)
>> office.  Our CTO and I will be in London next week and are interested
>> in meeting up with some local Python users for a drink.
>>

>> I'm just writing to gauge interest right now.  If people seem keen
>> then we'll find a good place and follow up here with more details.
>>

>> Looking forward to meeting you,
>> Brent
>>

>> ---------
>>
>> Brent Tubbs
>>

>> YouGovPolimetrix
>>
>> 285 Hamilton Avenue
>> Suite #200
>>
>> Palo Alto, CA 94301
>>
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> http://www.yougov.com/

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Ian Ozsvald-3
Unfortunately this also clashes with Tuesday's London Financial Python
Usergroup (where I'll be presenting profiling techniques):
http://wiki.python.org/moin/LondonFinancialPythonUserGroup
there are normally 10-20 people at the LFPUG meetings, they're well established.

Sidenote - if you fancy it on Thursday there is also a HackerNews
London meeting (expect 100+ folk):
http://www.meetup.com/HNLondon/

I'd love to say Hello if you're around on either of those nights (I'm
traveling up from Brighton and it is always good to meet new faces!).

Ian.

On 7 May 2011 10:53, Richard Barran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is also TLPG (The London Python Group) next Tuesday night. It's a fairly new meetup and I haven't been yet.
>
> http://www.meetup.com/The-London-Python-Group-TLPG/events/17172683/
>
> Richard
>
> On 7 May 2011, at 09:20, Nicholas Tollervey wrote:
>
>> Hi Brent,
>>
>> Sounds like a plan. Thursday evenings are good for me. There used to be
>> an occasional London Pyssup organised by Andy Kilner (who I've also
>> cc'd). He might be able to suggest pubs. Andy..?
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Nicholas.
>>
>> On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 01:56 +0200, Brent Tubbs wrote:
>>> Hello Python UK!
>>>

>>> I'm a Python dev for YouGov, working from the Palo Alto (California)
>>> office.  Our CTO and I will be in London next week and are interested
>>> in meeting up with some local Python users for a drink.
>>>

>>> I'm just writing to gauge interest right now.  If people seem keen
>>> then we'll find a good place and follow up here with more details.
>>>

>>> Looking forward to meeting you,
>>> Brent
>>>

>>> ---------
>>>
>>> Brent Tubbs
>>>

>>> YouGovPolimetrix
>>>
>>> 285 Hamilton Avenue
>>> Suite #200
>>>
>>> Palo Alto, CA 94301
>>>
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> http://www.yougov.com/

Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher, screencaster)
[hidden email]

http://IanOzsvald.com
http://SocialTiesApp.com/
http://MorConsulting.com/
http://blog.AICookbook.com/
http://TheScreencastingHandbook.com
http://FivePoundApp.com/
http://twitter.com/IanOzsvald

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Brent Tubbs-2
We're doing this!  We'll meet up Thursday night, 7pm, near the YouGov office.  Follow the Very Official YouGov Survey link below to let us know if you're coming and to let us know which pub near the YouGov offices you prefer.

https://start.yougov.com/refer/vLZrkGm8CPkCZR

See you Thursday,
Brent

Sounds like a plan. Thursday evenings are good for me. There used to be
an occasional London Pyssup organised by Andy Kilner (who I've also
cc'd). He might be able to suggest pubs. Andy..?

All the best,

Nicholas.

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 01:56 +0200, Brent Tubbs wrote:

> Hello Python UK!
>

> I'm a Python dev for YouGov, working from the Palo Alto (California)
> office.  Our CTO and I will be in London next week and are interested
> in meeting up with some local Python users for a drink.
>

> I'm just writing to gauge interest right now.  If people seem keen
> then we'll find a good place and follow up here with more details.
>

> Looking forward to meeting you,
> Brent
>

> ---------
>
> Brent Tubbs
>

> YouGovPolimetrix
>
> 285 Hamilton Avenue
> Suite #200
>
> Palo Alto, CA 94301
>
> [hidden email]
>
> http://www.yougov.com/

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Jonathan Hartley
It asks me for an email / password at the end of the survey, and I don't
know what to use.

Am I being dumb?

On 10/05/2011 11:15, Brent Tubbs wrote:

> We're doing this!  We'll meet up Thursday night, 7pm, near the YouGov office.  Follow the Very Official YouGov Survey link below to let us know if you're coming and to let us know which pub near the YouGov offices you prefer.
>
> https://start.yougov.com/refer/vLZrkGm8CPkCZR
>
> See you Thursday,
> Brent

Jonathan Hartley    [hidden email]    http://tartley.com
Made of meat.       +44 7737 062 225       twitter/skype: tartley

Re: Next week in London: Informal python pub meetup with YouGov

Nicholas H.Tollervey
I wondered about that but thought it might just be the default landing
page for the end of the process (that also happens to have a login box).

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 11:38 +0100, Jonathan Hartley wrote:

> It asks me for an email / password at the end of the survey, and I don't
> know what to use.
>
> Am I being dumb?
>

> On 10/05/2011 11:15, Brent Tubbs wrote:
> > We're doing this!  We'll meet up Thursday night, 7pm, near the YouGov office.  Follow the Very Official YouGov Survey link below to let us know if you're coming and to let us know which pub near the YouGov offices you prefer.
> >
> > https://start.yougov.com/refer/vLZrkGm8CPkCZR
> >
> > See you Thursday,
> > Brent

Yeah the system dumps you out at our main panel site at the end.  You can ignore that.  Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for doing the survey though :)

Brent
I wondered about that but thought it might just be the default landing
page for the end of the process (that also happens to have a login box).

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 11:38 +0100, Jonathan Hartley wrote:

> It asks me for an email / password at the end of the survey, and I don't
> know what to use.
>
> Am I being dumb?
>

> On 10/05/2011 11:15, Brent Tubbs wrote:
> > We're doing this!  We'll meet up Thursday night, 7pm, near the YouGov office.  Follow the Very Official YouGov Survey link below to let us know if you're coming and to let us know which pub near the YouGov offices you prefer.
> >
> > https://start.yougov.com/refer/vLZrkGm8CPkCZR
> >
> > See you Thursday,
> > Brent

The votes are in.  Let's meet at 7PM Thursday the Hoxton Grill Bar:

81 Great Eastern St,
EC2A 3HN

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=11204154410702770905&q=hoxton+bar+and+grill&hl=en&sll=51.526404,-0.082204&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

Looking forward to meeting you guys,
Brent
Yeah the system dumps you out at our main panel site at the end.  You can ignore that.  Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for doing the survey though :)

Brent
I wondered about that but thought it might just be the default landing
page for the end of the process (that also happens to have a login box).

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 11:38 +0100, Jonathan Hartley wrote:

> It asks me for an email / password at the end of the survey, and I don't
> know what to use.
>
> Am I being dumb?
>

> On 10/05/2011 11:15, Brent Tubbs wrote:
> > We're doing this!  We'll meet up Thursday night, 7pm, near the YouGov office.  Follow the Very Official YouGov Survey link below to let us know if you're coming and to let us know which pub near the YouGov offices you prefer.
> >
> > https://start.yougov.com/refer/vLZrkGm8CPkCZR
> >
> > See you Thursday,
> > Brent

Tim Golden-4
Are you going to be wearing a Red Carnation? Or sporting a handlebar
moustache? Or otherwise recognisable? :)

TJG

On 10/05/2011 17:07, Brent Tubbs wrote:

> The votes are in.  Let's meet at 7PM Thursday the Hoxton Grill Bar:
>
> 81 Great Eastern St,
> EC2A 3HN
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=11204154410702770905&q=hoxton+bar+and+grill&hl=en&sll=51.526404,-0.082204&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14
>
> Looking forward to meeting you guys,
> Brent

Tim,

Just look for the scruffy geeks in the corner wearing jeans and t-shirts
with techie slogans printed on them... ;-)

See you there...

Nicholas.