No module named wpf - VS2010

phatfish
Hi all,

I get this Exception when trying to run a "Hello World" application from the base WPF Template in VS2010 with IronPython Tools:

Exception: IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.ImportException: No module named wpf

I guess the search paths for modules need modifying, but im not sure how to do that.

Seems a bit weird as i would expect basic template code to run without tweaking, so maybe i messed something up with the install.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Re: No module named wpf - VS2010

Dave Wald
Hi Chris,
See what happens if you just set the Interpreter Path explicitly in the project properties page.
That's all I've been doing.
In Solution Explorer, right click the project file and select "Properties" to open the properties page.
Set the "Interpreter Path" field to the actual path of your ipy.exe or ipyw.exe.
E.g., mine is set to  "c:/IronPython 2.7/ipy.exe", without quotes.  (I don't like using "Program Files..." folders - ACL issues.)

Also, it sounds you are still using the "old" tools. (Not that it matters in this case, but if you have haven't switched to the "new" tools yet, I highly recommend it.)
http://pytools.codeplex.com/
Caveat: You WILL have to uninstall IronPython 2.7 and re-install it WITHOUT the bundled tools, and THEN install the new tools. They cannot be installed sxs. But I think the effort is well worth it.
And there is a really good walkthrough for it.
(In the new tools, you also have Tools>Options>Python Tools with several settings tabs for more options.)

I just finished converting my IPyScratchPad app (gen-purpose utility UI) to WPF from WinForms and switched to the new tools mid-stream, just for extra fun.
But I've had no trouble with it.

BTW, did I mention the new tools ARE GREAT!. Thanks, y'all.

Dave

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.ironpython.com/listinfo.cgi/users-ironpython.com

Re: No module named wpf - VS2010

phatfish
Hey thanks Dave,

I installed the new beta tools and this solved the import problem. The template code now runs fine from the interactive interpreter.

I will check out the walk throughs too.