Non-modal dialog?

Skip Montanaro-3
If I want a dialog to be non-modal, I can't use its run() method, is
that true?  I have a dialog which is defined in Glade to be non-modal,
but calling its run() method sure makes it seem modal to me.

Thx,

Skip

Re: Non-modal dialog?

Marco Antonio Islas Cruz-2
Hi,

Using the "run" method makes it block the program flow, if you want a dialog to be non-modal, just use the "show" method (at the end the Dialog is a subclass of gtk.Window).

Cheers.

On May 20, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Skip Montanaro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I want a dialog to be non-modal, I can't use its run() method, is
> that true?  I have a dialog which is defined in Glade to be non-modal,
> but calling its run() method sure makes it seem modal to me.
>
> Thx,
>
> Skip

Marco Antonio Islas Cruz

Re: Non-modal dialog?

Timo List
Op 20-05-13 21:54, Marco Antonio Islas Cruz schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Using the "run" method makes it block the program flow, if you want a dialog to be non-modal, just use the "show" method (at the end the Dialog is a subclass of gtk.Window).
Note that if you previously used:

response = dialog.run()

to get the response id, this no longer works with the show() method.
You'll have to connect to the dialog "response" event.

Timo