Notebook: How to search for function/method with non-prefix string

Notebook: How to search for function/method with non-prefix string

desp
Say I'm in iPython notebook, and have done: import pandas [as pd]

Now I want to find a function that deals with CSV. Is there a way to do something like:

csv [auto-complete-like key]

or

pd.csv [auto-complete-like key]

and see all the function or method names that contain "csv" anywhere in their name?

Thanks!

Re: Notebook: How to search for function/method with non-prefix string

Thomas Kluyver-2

On 11 September 2014 19:05, desp <[hidden email]> wrote:
Say I'm in iPython notebook, and have done: import pandas [as pd]

Now I want to find a function that deals with CSV. Is there a way to do
something like:

Yes, type pd.*csv*? (and press enter), and it should show you everything in that namespace with csv in the name. I've just tried it, and there's only read_csv. You can also look at functions in submodules and methods: pd.*.*csv*?

Thomas