On behalf of the NumPy team I'm pleased to announce the release of NumPy
This release has an unusual number of cleanups, many deprecations of old
and improvements to many existing functions. A total of 435 pull reguests
for this release, please look at the release notes
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/releases/tag/v1.15.0rc2>for details. Some
- NumPy has switched to pytest for testing.
- A new `numpy.printoptions` context manager.
- Many improvements to the histogram functions.
- Support for unicode field names in python 2.7.
- Improved support for PyPy.
- Fixes and improvements to `numpy.einsum`.
The Python versions supported by this release are 2.7, 3.4-3.7. The wheels
are linked with
OpenBLAS v0.3.0, which should fix some of the linalg problems reported for