Quantcast

OAuth testing

"Martin v. Löwis"
We now have OAuth access as a test feature on PyPI. If you would
like to test this as a consumer, please send me your GPG key ID
and pypi account name, so I can generate a consumer key for you.

Regards,
Martin

Re: OAuth testing

Daniel Greenfeld
Some stupid questions on my part here:

1. Are you going to be mailing those consumer keys out or is there
some sort of secure interface?

2. Also, why a GPG key? Why not a simple web interface like what
Twitter/Facebook/Github gives you?

Daniel Greenfeld

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We now have OAuth access as a test feature on PyPI. If you would
> like to test this as a consumer, please send me your GPG key ID
> and pypi account name, so I can generate a consumer key for you.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld
http://pydanny.github.com

Re: OAuth testing

"Martin v. Löwis"
Am 25.03.2012 19:42, schrieb Daniel Greenfeld:
> Some stupid questions on my part here:
>
> 1. Are you going to be mailing those consumer keys out or is there
> some sort of secure interface?

It's email, and it's secure: I'll encrypt the email.

> 2. Also, why a GPG key? Why not a simple web interface like what
> Twitter/Facebook/Github gives you?

Because we haven't implemented such a user interface yet. If this
procedure is too much effort for you, just wait until the interface is
there.

Regards,
Martin