OT: Scaleability

Jesse Warden-2
How are you all scaling your applications?  Are you shoving PyAMF + Django (or framework du jour) on GAE or Amazon?  Dedicated server with a specific host (assuming client doesn't have their own data center opps)?

Re: OT: Scaleability

Nick Joyce
On 13 Mar 2010, at 21:14, Jesse Warden wrote:

> How are you all scaling your applications?  Are you shoving PyAMF + Django (or framework du jour) on GAE or Amazon?  Dedicated server with a specific host (assuming client doesn't have their own data center opps)? _______________________________________________
> PyAMF users mailing list - [hidden email]
> http://lists.pyamf.org/mailman/listinfo/users

I am working on a project that makes heavy use of PyAMF with GAE; although we haven't officially launched yet but we've done a fair amount of profiling and whilst PyAMF used to be the heaviest in terms of CPU load (GAE will only use the pure python version - no c extensions), thanks to some performance optimisations it is now fairly low down the list (where it should be). That optimisation work will be in the 0.6 version.

I haven't heard of PyAMF being used on Amazon or various other cloud based infrastructures, I would be interested in peoples usage and experiences! :-)