Obtaining an audio devices current 'register' values

Obtaining an audio devices current 'register' values

David Hutto-2
Using python 2.7.2 on windows 7 amd64

I'm working currently with .wav files to pull from the mic/audio in
line for an oscilloscope, and looking for a more appropriate(quicker)
way to pull values straight from the mic/audio-in line.

Is there a particular file I can pull the value from constantly, or a
command line query? Or a module I'm overlooking?

Thanks for any advice you might have to offer,
David