PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary

Mark Shannon-3
I would like to get the new shared-keys dictionary implementation
committed, or rejected or further reviewed, if necessary.
It seems to have got a bit stuck at the moment.

As far as I am concerned it is ready to go in.
Memory usage is reduced, speed is roughly unchanged, and it passes all
the tests (except for 1 test in test_pprint which relies on dict/set
ordering, see http://bugs.python.org/issue13907)

Cheers,
Mark.

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary

Guido van Rossum
Wow, I thought it was accepted already! I don't see the hangup.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary

Antoine Pitrou
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 07:30:07 -0700
Guido van Rossum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow, I thought it was accepted already! I don't see the hangup.

It's under review.
http://bugs.python.org/issue13903

Regards

Antoine.

Re: PEP 412 Key-Sharing Dictionary

Brett Cannon-2

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:25, Mark Shannon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to get the new shared-keys dictionary implementation
committed, or rejected or further reviewed, if necessary.
It seems to have got a bit stuck at the moment.

As far as I am concerned it is ready to go in.
Memory usage is reduced, speed is roughly unchanged, and it passes all
the tests (except for 1 test in test_pprint which relies on dict/set
ordering, see http://bugs.python.org/issue13907)

The language summit result was this should go in once the review is over (as Antoine pointed out) and committed by someone other than Mark since it is a complicated enough thing to require a full review.

And did you ever follow through on getting your commit privileges, Mark? While you can't commit this patch you can definitely help with maintaining it (and other things =).