I've mostly finished a draft rewrite of PEP 444 (WSGI 2), incorporating
some additional ideas covering things like py2k/py3k interoperability
and switching from a more narrative style to a substantially
I'm using Textile as my intermediary format, and will obviously need to
convert this to ReStructuredText when I'm done. Missing are:
* The majority of the examples.
* Narrative rationale, wich I'll be writing shortly.
* Narrative Python compatibility documentation.
* Asynchronous documentation. This will likely rely on the abstract
API defined in PEP 3148 (futures) as implemented in Python 3.2 and the
"futures" package available on PyPi.
* Additional and complete references. The Rationale chapter will add
many references to community discussion.
I would appreciate it greatly if this rewrite could be read through and
questions, corrections, or even references to possible ambiguity
mentioned in discussion.
Have a happy holidays and a merry new-year, everybody! :)
P.s. I'll be updating my PEP 444 reference implementation HTTP 1.1
server (marrow.server.http) over the holidays to incorporate the
changes in this rewrite; most notably the separation of byte strings,
unicode strings, and native strings.