PGP key for pip package

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PGP key for pip package

David Fischer
Hi,

I've been playing around with PGP signing as it relates to Python
packages. There are relatively few signed packages in Cheeseshop but
one of them is the pip package[1]. Does anyone know where I could get
the public key used to verify this package (key ID 0171DF30)? Perhaps
I am missing something obvious.

-David


[1]  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pip/1.1
_______________________________________________
Catalog-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/catalog-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PGP key for pip package

Georg Brandl-2
On 30.04.2012 17:52, David Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with PGP signing as it relates to Python
> packages. There are relatively few signed packages in Cheeseshop but
> one of them is the pip package[1]. Does anyone know where I could get
> the public key used to verify this package (key ID 0171DF30)? Perhaps
> I am missing something obvious.

I could import it from hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net, but only when searching for
"Leidel", and not for the ID.

Georg

_______________________________________________
Catalog-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/catalog-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PGP key for pip package

"Martin v. Löwis"
On 01.05.2012 09:32, Georg Brandl wrote:

> On 30.04.2012 17:52, David Fischer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been playing around with PGP signing as it relates to Python
>> packages. There are relatively few signed packages in Cheeseshop but
>> one of them is the pip package[1]. Does anyone know where I could get
>> the public key used to verify this package (key ID 0171DF30)? Perhaps
>> I am missing something obvious.
>
> I could import it from hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net, but only when searching for
> "Leidel", and not for the ID.

If you put "0x0171DF30" into "Search String" at http://pgp.mit.edu/,
it sends you to

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x0171DF30&op=index

Regards,
Martin
_______________________________________________
Catalog-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/catalog-sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PGP key for pip package

David Fischer
This is perfect. I had looked on pgp.mit.edu, but I had neglected the
"0x" prefix and my search turned up nothing.

Thanks guys.

-David

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:10 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01.05.2012 09:32, Georg Brandl wrote:
>>
>> On 30.04.2012 17:52, David Fischer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been playing around with PGP signing as it relates to Python
>>> packages. There are relatively few signed packages in Cheeseshop but
>>> one of them is the pip package[1]. Does anyone know where I could get
>>> the public key used to verify this package (key ID 0171DF30)? Perhaps
>>> I am missing something obvious.
>>
>>
>> I could import it from hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net, but only when searching for
>> "Leidel", and not for the ID.
>
>
> If you put "0x0171DF30" into "Search String" at http://pgp.mit.edu/,
> it sends you to
>
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x0171DF30&op=index
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> _______________________________________________
> Catalog-SIG mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/catalog-sig
_______________________________________________
Catalog-SIG mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/catalog-sig