PIL for python 2.7

Andrew Sautter
I have a 64-bit version of python 2.7.2 installed on my computer but it does not have a graphics library, when I try to install PIL it says that I do not have python 2.7 in the registry, how do it fix this?

Re: PIL for python 2.7

Mit Rowe
Can you repost to the list with details about your system's operating system and whatever relevant details you know about your python installation and, most importantly, how you were trying to install PIL when it failed (and maybe the error messages)?

If this is a UNIX-type machine (like a mac, linux, freebsd, etc) the following may help you gather some info:

root@xxx:/var/log/varnish# uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.35.4-rscloud #8 SMP Mon Sep 20 15:54:33 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@cxxx:/var/log/varnish# which python
/usr/local/bin/python
root@xxx:/var/log/varnish# python -V
Python 2.6.5

or, just on the off-chance this works for you... have you tried "easy_install"?
it worked on my brand-new Mac out-of-the-box...

mitmac:~ mitayai$ sudo easy_install PIL
Password:
Searching for PIL
Best match: PIL 1.1.7
Processing PIL-1.1.7-py2.7-macosx-10.7-intel.egg
[etc]

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Sautter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a 64-bit version of python 2.7.2 installed on my computer but it does not have a graphics library, when I try to install PIL it says that I do not have python 2.7 in the registry, how do it fix this?

Mit Rowe
Stagename, Inc.
http://www.stagename.com
[hidden email]
Office: +1-866-326-3098xt102
Mobile: +1-416-219-2512
Fax: +1-416-533-3480
1 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 107 / Toronto, ON M6K 3E7 / Canada

Re: PIL for python 2.7

Charlie Clark-6
Am 02.11.2011, 18:57 Uhr, schrieb Andrew Sautter <[hidden email]>:

> I have a 64-bit version of python 2.7.2 installed on my computer but it
> does not have a graphics library, when I try to install PIL it says that
> do not have python 2.7 in the registry, how do it fix this?

Hi Andrew,

it sounds like you need the 64-bit Windows binaries. Microsoft makes life
difficult by not providing a compiler with their operating system.
Fortunately, Chris Gohlke maintains a large library of Windows binaries of
Python packages: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Look for "amd64"

Charlie
--