Password policy enforcement in django app

Password policy enforcement in django app

Eugene TUYIZERE
Dear Team,

I have an application that I want to validate the password when users are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in one, I want the customized one. Someone to help please?

Thank you

--
TUYIZERE Eugene

Msc Degree in Mathematical Science

African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS Cameroon)
Crystal Garden-Lime, Cameroon

Bsc in Computer Science

UR-Nyagatare Campus

Email: [hidden email]
           [hidden email]

Tel: (+250) 7 88 26 33 38, (+250) 7 22 26 33 38

Re: Password policy enforcement in django app

Kasper Laudrup
On 07/11/2020 11.23, Eugene TUYIZERE wrote:
> I have an application that I want to validate the password when users
> are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in one, I
> want the customized one. Someone to help please?

https://sixfeetup.com/blog/custom-password-validators-in-django

Re: Password policy enforcement in django app

Moses Omoto
Use allauth

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020, 22:43 Kasper Laudrup, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 07/11/2020 11.23, Eugene TUYIZERE wrote:
> I have an application that I want to validate the password when users
> are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in one, I
> want the customized one. Someone to help please?

https://sixfeetup.com/blog/custom-password-validators-in-django

Re: Password policy enforcement in django app

Mike Dewhirst-3
On 2/12/2020 8:21 pm, Moses Omoto wrote:

> Use allauth
>
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2020, 22:43 Kasper Laudrup, <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/11/2020 11.23, Eugene TUYIZERE wrote:
>     > I have an application that I want to validate the password when
>     users
>     > are creating new passwords. I do not want to use the build in
>     one, I
>     > want the customized one. Someone to help please?

Maybe you are looking for pwned-passwords-django which is middleware to
add extra checking for Django passwords.

Otherwise you need your own auth backend

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can