Performance update

Thijs Triemstra
Hi,

we started a Performance page and akaihola added some profiling results:
http://pyamf.org/wiki/Performance

Let us know if you're stress testing PyAMF and what the results are,
good or bad :)

Nick started a branch for general performance improvements that will
go into v0.2:
http://pyamf.org/browser/pyamf/branches/general-optimisations-198

Cheers,

Thijs

Re: Performance update

Nick Joyce
Hi,

That branch has now been merged to trunk (in r1067). By no means is the optimisation phase over but we just fixed a few obvious areas that could be improved. Thanks to the work (mostly) done by Antti Kaihola we're seeing a 50% reduction in encoding times for AMF0 and up to 10x (!) for AMF3 (depending on size of data set).

When we hit stable, the plan is to develop a c extension module for PyAMF that will be used by default instead of the pure python implementation (degrading where necessary). This has been achieved in other similar projects (specifically AMFPHP) with some dramatic results.

Cheers,

Nick