Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Christian Klinger
Hi,

as some of you already know we plan a GROK sprint in our NOVARETO [1]
office. Before i can dive deeper into organization issues, I want you
to singn in the doodle [2] to find a good timeframe for the sprint.

We plan 5-7 days. But it's mostly up to your intrest...

Please, let me know if you have questions.

Christian

[1]
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=novareto+GmbH,+Karolinenstra%C3%9Fe,+F%C3%BCrth&aq=0&sll=51.151786,10.415039&sspn=16.702593,46.362305&ie=UTF8&hq=novareto+GmbH,&hnear=Karolinenstra%C3%9Fe,+90763+F%C3%BCrth,+Bayern&ll=49.473479,11.056709&spn=0.064696,0.181103&z=13

[2] http://doodle.com/94pkrycerh9m4gn2#table

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Martijn Faassen-2
Hey,

> [2] http://doodle.com/94pkrycerh9m4gn2#table

Only a few people filled in this doodle yet, come on folks! :)

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Alexandre Garel-2
Le 07/04/2011 12:53, Martijn Faassen a écrit :
> Hey,
>
>> [2] http://doodle.com/94pkrycerh9m4gn2#table
> Only a few people filled in this doodle yet, come on folks! :)

Done (in case you ask yourself who alex is :-)

megrok.form.fields import BlobFile : Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'z3c.javascript'

DIVINE PAUL
Hi grokkers,

from megrok.form.fields import BlobFile : Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'z3c.javascript'

I just installed Debian linux last version squeeze on a machine.
#Linux AlSys1 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
then I installed the last version Grok 1.4  without any problem.

Then I modified the app.py. In the app.py I have the following line

from megrok.form.fields import BlobFile

then the BloBfile was used in a interface like in the great book of Carlos de la guardia.
file_name      = BlobFile(title=u'The expected file name' , required=False)

So the buildout.cfg and setup.py are consequently updated

I found that z3c.javascript : The project was moved because of licensing issues on svn.zope.org.
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.javascript/

Do you know a workaround or a solution?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Details are given in the following lines.

npotools# cat setup.py
from setuptools import setup, find_packages

version = '0.0'

setup(name='npotools',
      version=version,
      description="",
      long_description="""\
""",
      # Get strings from http://www.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
      classifiers=[],
      keywords="",
      author="",
      author_email="",
      url="",
      license="",
      package_dir={'': 'src'},
      packages=find_packages('src'),
      include_package_data=True,
      zip_safe=False,
      install_requires=['setuptools',
                        'grok',
                        'grokui.admin',
                        'fanstatic',
                        'zope.fanstatic',
                        'grokcore.startup',
                        # Add extra requirements here
                        'megrok.form',                  <----------
                        ],
      entry_points={
          'fanstatic.libraries': [
              'npotools = npotools.resource:library',
          ]
      })

npotools# cat buildout.cfg
[buildout]
extends = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/1.4/versions.cfg
extends-cache = extends-cache
include-site-packages = false
develop = .
unzip = true
parts =
    app
    daemon
    paster_ini_debug
    paster_ini_deploy
    i18n
    mkdirs
    site_zcml
    test
    zope_conf_debug
    zope_conf_deploy
    zpasswd
    interactive_debugger
# For backward compatibility, telling buildout not to throw away
# the data and log subdirectories from the parts directory.
    data
    log
newest = false
versions = versions
# eggs will be installed in the default buildout location
# (see .buildout/default.cfg in your home directory)
# unless you specify an eggs-directory option here.

extensions += buildout.dumppickedversions

[versions]
# Override versions here.
megrok.form = 0.2.5                                 <---------------
zc.resourcelibrary = 1.0.1                          <---------------

[app]
recipe = z3c.recipe.scripts
eggs = npotools
       z3c.evalexception>=2.0
       Paste
       PasteScript
       PasteDeploy
interpreter = python-console

[daemon]
recipe = collective.recipe.scriptgen
cmd = ${buildout:bin-directory}/paster
arguments = serve ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/deploy.ini
    --daemon --pid-file=${buildout:directory}/var/daemon.pid
    --log-file=${buildout:directory}/log/daemon.log

[paster_ini_debug]
recipe = collective.recipe.template
input = etc/debug.ini.in
output = ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/debug.ini
host = xx.xx.xx.xx
port = xxxx

[paster_ini_deploy]
recipe = collective.recipe.template
input = etc/deploy.ini.in
output = ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/deploy.ini
host = xx.xx.xx.xx
port = xxxx

# this section named so that the i18n scripts are called bin/i18n...
[i18n]
recipe = z3c.recipe.i18n:i18n
packages = npotools
eggs = npotools
domain = npotools
output = src/npotools/locales
zcml =

[mkdirs]
recipe = z3c.recipe.mkdir
paths =
    ${zope_conf:filestorage}
    ${zope_conf:logfiles}
    ${zope_conf:blobstorage}

[site_zcml]
recipe = collective.recipe.template
input = etc/site.zcml.in
output = ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/site.zcml

[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = npotools
defaults = ['-v']

[zope_conf]
input = etc/zope.conf.in
filestorage = ${buildout:directory}/var/filestorage
blobstorage = ${buildout:directory}/var/blobstorage
logfiles = ${buildout:directory}/var/log
# 'extra' is copied verbatim. Use it for product config sections and so.
extra =

[zope_conf_debug]
<= zope_conf
recipe = collective.recipe.template
output = ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/zope.debug.conf
devmode = on

[zope_conf_deploy]
<= zope_conf
recipe = collective.recipe.template
output = ${buildout:parts-directory}/etc/zope.deploy.conf
devmode = off

# This section is named so that the zpasswd utility is
# called `zpasswd`
[zpasswd]
recipe = z3c.recipe.scripts
eggs =
  npotools
  zope.password
entry-points =
  zpasswd=zope.password.zpasswd:main

[interactive_debugger]
recipe = z3c.recipe.scripts
eggs = npotools
entry-points =
  interactive_debugger=grokcore.startup.startup:interactive_debug_prompt
arguments = zope_conf="${zope_conf_debug:output}"

# The [data] and [log] parts are still in here to instruct buildout to not
# unintentionally throw away the parts/data and parts/log subdirectories
# that contain the Data.fs and the log files. These files should be
# copied to the new locations. See the upgrade notes for more information.
[data]
recipe = zc.recipe.filestorage

[log]
recipe = zc.recipe.filestorage
npotools#

(npogrok10)npotools# bin/buildout
/root/.buildout/eggs/zc.buildout-1.5.2-py2.6.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py:303:
      UserWarning: Buildout has been asked to exclude or limit site-packages so
      that builds can be repeatable when using a system Python.  However, the
      chosen Python executable has a broken implementation of -S
      (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/virtualenv/+bug/572545 for an example
      problem) and this breaks buildout's ability to isolate site-packages.
      If the executable already has a clean site-packages (e.g., using
      virtualenv's ``--no-site-packages`` option) you may be getting equivalent
      repeatability.  To silence this warning, use the -s argument to the
      buildout script.  Alternatively, use a Python executable with a
      working -S (such as a standard Python binary).
  warnings.warn(zc.buildout.easy_install.BROKEN_DASH_S_WARNING)
Develop: '/npogrok/npogrok10/npotools/.'
Unused options for buildout: 'sources'.
Installing app.
/root/.buildout/eggs/zc.buildout-1.5.2-py2.6.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py:372:
      UserWarning: Buildout has been asked to exclude or limit site-packages so
      that builds can be repeatable when using a system Python.  However, the
      chosen Python executable has a broken implementation of -S
      (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/virtualenv/+bug/572545 for an example
      problem) and this breaks buildout's ability to isolate site-packages.
      If the executable already has a clean site-packages (e.g., using
      virtualenv's ``--no-site-packages`` option) you may be getting equivalent
      repeatability.  To silence this warning, use the -s argument to the
      buildout script.  Alternatively, use a Python executable with a
      working -S (such as a standard Python binary).
  warnings.warn(BROKEN_DASH_S_WARNING)
Couldn't find index page for 'z3c.javascript' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'z3c.javascript'.
While:
  Installing app.
  Getting distribution for 'z3c.javascript'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'z3c.javascript'.      <--------------
*************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
[versions]

#Required by:
#z3c.widget 0.1.6
z3c.schema = 0.7.2

#Required by:
#zc.datetimewidget 0.5.2
zc.i18n = 0.7.0

#Required by:
#z3c.widget 0.1.6
zope.app.cache = 3.7.0

#Required by:
#z3c.blobfile 0.1.0
#z3c.widget 0.1.6
zope.app.file = 3.6.1

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Christian Klinger
Hi again,

here is a short update on the sprint.

The last weeks we tried to collect some dates where the most of us have
time to attend the sprint. It seems that the last weekend and may and
the first week in june is the best fit.

Unfortunatly trollfot and jan-jaap can make this date. As the main topic
of the sprint should be the refactorings (cromlech) trollfot is working
on, i want to ask you if we should held the sprint at this date in the
end of may. Or should we search for a new date maybe in
july/august/september.

Please give me a short answer. Because we have to start organizing if we
want to sprint at the end of may.

Thx in advance....
Christian

On 05/03/2011 07:15 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:
> Unfortunatly trollfot and jan-jaap can make this date. As the main topic
> of the sprint should be the refactorings (cromlech) trollfot is working
> on, i want to ask you if we should held the sprint at this date in the
> end of may. Or should we search for a new date maybe in
> july/august/september.
>
> Please give me a short answer. Because we have to start organizing if we
> want to sprint at the end of may.

It's unfortunate especially that Trollfot wouldn't be able to make it,
as a lot of this sprint was going to revolve around Cromlech.

Would there be other people at the sprint with enough familiarity with
the Cromlech project to feel comfortable to present it and explain it,
so that we can make progress in developing a plan for how we deal with
it in Grok?

If that is so, or if we can somehow guarantee that a sprint will happen
in the second half of this year as well (and that Souheil/Trollfot can
be present), I'd say let's go ahead with the sprint in late may/early june.

What does Souheil think?

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman-3
On 5/3/11 13:58 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 05/03/2011 07:15 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:
>> Unfortunatly trollfot and jan-jaap can make this date. As the main topic
>> of the sprint should be the refactorings (cromlech) trollfot is working
>> on, i want to ask you if we should held the sprint at this date in the
>> end of may. Or should we search for a new date maybe in
>> july/august/september.
>>
>> Please give me a short answer. Because we have to start organizing if we
>> want to sprint at the end of may.
>
> It's unfortunate especially that Trollfot wouldn't be able to make it,
> as a lot of this sprint was going to revolve around Cromlech.
>
> Would there be other people at the sprint with enough familiarity with
> the Cromlech project to feel comfortable to present it and explain it,
> so that we can make progress in developing a plan for how we deal with
> it in Grok?
>
> If that is so, or if we can somehow guarantee that a sprint will happen
> in the second half of this year as well (and that Souheil/Trollfot can
> be present), I'd say let's go ahead with the sprint in late may/early june.
>
> What does Souheil think?

Personally I think it is more or less required for an upcoming sprint to
allow for Souheil to join in.

For my schedule, even though I would've liked a sprint earlier, a sprint
in the second half of this year would be easier to arrange for.

regards, jw

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Souheil CHELFOUH
Hello all,

I had a conversation with Christian about all this.
What we need to clarify is the purpose of the sprint.
In my opinion, the sprint is about the future of Grok, as we already
discussed it on an online meeting.
Cromlech was one clue of aa possible process to go further and open
Grok somehow.
Anyway, the topic is much wider thann just this particular case, i think.

The last releases were maintenance based and still heavily linked to
the cleaning process of zope.
Improving dependencies and changing the version martian, mainly.
The question that is on some people's mind is : where do we go next.

The Cromlech version I sent you, guys, while you were in the US, was a
first attempt to free Grok from the publisher.
Or at least, an attempt to provide another way to bootstrap the whole
zope stack.
While trying to push further, I simply discovered that everything is
linked to the publisher in the end.
I don't think that we can do much more, in terms of cleaning, that the
version I sent you (but to code is better and wiser).

The Cromlech project mutated since then, and Alexandre (pasdavoine)
and myself, are working on a project for our company.
The schedule is very tight and we are not available until it's done,
during june.
Cromlech evolved away from zope and we forked all we needed to be
independant. We use martian and some grokcore packages.
But we ditched all the zope publishing/traversing stack, therefore
simply using the ZCA, keeping the whole thing tightly controled.
We don't want Pyramid, as a monolithic complexe entity, we want
modularity and easiness of use, oriented toward hardcore developers.
We need tools to build good quality applications and we're trying to do so.

If the sprint is held after the project is completed, I'll do my best
to be there, yes

- Souheil

2011/5/4 Jan-Wijbrand Kolman <[hidden email]>:

> On 5/3/11 13:58 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> On 05/03/2011 07:15 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:
>>> Unfortunatly trollfot and jan-jaap can make this date. As the main topic
>>> of the sprint should be the refactorings (cromlech) trollfot is working
>>> on, i want to ask you if we should held the sprint at this date in the
>>> end of may. Or should we search for a new date maybe in
>>> july/august/september.
>>>
>>> Please give me a short answer. Because we have to start organizing if we
>>> want to sprint at the end of may.
>>
>> It's unfortunate especially that Trollfot wouldn't be able to make it,
>> as a lot of this sprint was going to revolve around Cromlech.
>>
>> Would there be other people at the sprint with enough familiarity with
>> the Cromlech project to feel comfortable to present it and explain it,
>> so that we can make progress in developing a plan for how we deal with
>> it in Grok?
>>
>> If that is so, or if we can somehow guarantee that a sprint will happen
>> in the second half of this year as well (and that Souheil/Trollfot can
>> be present), I'd say let's go ahead with the sprint in late may/early june.
>>
>> What does Souheil think?
>
> Personally I think it is more or less required for an upcoming sprint to
> allow for Souheil to join in.
>
> For my schedule, even though I would've liked a sprint earlier, a sprint
> in the second half of this year would be easier to arrange for.
>
> regards, jw

Re: Planning "Grok Bavaria Sprint"

Christian Klinger

ok let's move the sprint to august or september.
We will give you new dates as soon as possible.

I hope we find all time again.

Christian

On 05/06/2011 08:53 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:
> ok let's move the sprint to august or september.
> We will give you new dates as soon as possible.
>
> I hope we find all time again.

Ok, hope so!

Thanks for all the work you're doing organizing this, Christian.

And I'm still really looking forward to the sprint!

Regards,

Martijn