Please look at WHIFF -- WSGI/HTTP INTEGRATED FILESYSTEM FRAMES

Please look at WHIFF -- WSGI/HTTP INTEGRATED FILESYSTEM FRAMES

Aaron Watters-2

Hi folks,

I tried this announcement on some easy
going lists yesterday and no one has
taken me to the woodshed yet, so I thought
I'd have a go at a tougher crowd.

I'm releasing a WSGI component suite called
WHIFF and I'd just love it if you folks
would have a look and comment/suggest/criticize/complain.
If you'd like to try it out -- even better.

Please go

http://whiff.sourceforge.net

Or use one of the links in the announcement
below.

  Thanks -- Aaron Watters

===
THIS .SIG IS INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
===

WHIFF -- WSGI/HTTP INTEGRATED FILESYSTEM FRAMES

WHIFF is an infrastructure for easily building
complex Python/WSGI Web applications by combining
smaller and simpler WSGI components organized
within file system trees.

To DOWNLOAD WHIFF go to the WHIFF project
information page at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/whiff

and follow the download instructions.

To GET THE LATEST WHIFF clone the
WHIFF Mercurial repository located at

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/whiffRepo.cgi.

To READ ABOUT WHIFF view the WHIFF documentation at

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W.intro.

To PLAY WITH WHIFF try the demos listed in the demos page at

http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1300.testAndDemo.

Why WHIFF?
==========
WHIFF (WSGI HTTP Integrated Filesystem Frames)
is intended to make it easier to create, deploy,
and maintain large and complex Python based WSGI
Web applications. I created WHIFF to address
complexity issues I encounter when creating and
fixing sophisticated Web applications which
include complex database interactions
and dynamic features such as AJAX
(Asynchronous JavaScript and XML).

The primary tools which reduce complexity are
an infrastructure for managing web application
name spaces, a configuration template language
for wiring named components into an application,
and an applications programmer interface for
accessing named components from Python and
javascript modules.

All supporting conventions and tools offered by
WHIFF are optional. WHIFF is designed to work well
with other modules conformant to the
WSGI (Web Service Gateway Interface) standard.
Developers and designers are free to use those
WHIFF tools that work for them and ignore or
replace the others.

WHIFF does not provide a "packaged cake mix"
for baking a web application.
Instead WHIFF is designed to provide a set of
ingredients which can be easily combined to make
web applications (with no need to refine your own
sugar or mill your own wheat).

I hope you like it.  -- Aaron Watters