PocketPC

dolle

Hi to everyone!

I have to develop an application on a PocketPC and I would use cherrypy
for it.
This PocketPC will be used in a wireless lan. Foolishly often the
PocketPC will loose
the connection to the wlan. So my idea is, to work locally on the
PocketPC.

The problem is that I'm not able to install cherrypy on the PocketPC.
Anyone has this ever done?

The PocketPC is this one http://www.symbol.com/mc70

bye
Robert
http://www.dollinger.it

Re: PocketPC

Tim Roberts

dolle wrote:

>Hi to everyone!
>
>I have to develop an application on a PocketPC and I would use cherrypy
>for it.  This PocketPC will be used in a wireless lan. Foolishly often the
>PocketPC will loose the connection to the wlan. So my idea is, to work locally on the
>PocketPC.
>
>The problem is that I'm not able to install cherrypy on the PocketPC.
>Anyone has this ever done?

What did you try, and what did you find?  Have you already installed
Python?  There is an implementation of Python 2.2 for the XScale Windows
CE machines.

Don't expect it to perform very well.  The XScale is not a terribly
efficient processor, and it's only running at 624 MHz.

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Re: PocketPC

dolle

Hi,

I have already installed PythonCe [1]. I have also made some test with
SimpleHTTPServer:

import SimpleHTTPServer as Handler
import BaseHTTPServer as Server

h = Handler.SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
s = Server.HTTPServer(('localhost', 80), h)
s.serve_forever()

That runs, but seem's there is not implemented the post method.

I couldn't install the original cherrypy. Is there a PocketPC Port?

bye
Robert
http://www.dollinger.it

[1] http://pythonce.sourceforge.net/Wikka/HomePage

Re: PocketPC

Tim Roberts

dolle wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have already installed PythonCe [1]. I have also made some test with
>SimpleHTTPServer:
>
>import SimpleHTTPServer as Handler
>import BaseHTTPServer as Server
>
>h = Handler.SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
>s = Server.HTTPServer(('localhost', 80), h)
>s.serve_forever()
>
>That runs, but seem's there is not implemented the post method.

No, it  doesn't, and the documentation in the source code clearly says
this.  CGIHTTPServer.py does, however.  Are you new to Python?

>I couldn't install the original cherrypy.

Why not?

>Is there a PocketPC Port?

There are no "ports" of CherryPy, because there is no C code to
compile.  It's all just straight Python.  The source should run
everywhere that Python runs.

Tim Roberts wrote:

> dolle wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have already installed PythonCe [1]. I have also made some test with
> >SimpleHTTPServer:
> >
> >import SimpleHTTPServer as Handler
> >import BaseHTTPServer as Server
> >
> >h = Handler.SimpleHTTPRequestHandler
> >s = Server.HTTPServer(('localhost', 80), h)
> >s.serve_forever()
> >
> >That runs, but seem's there is not implemented the post method.
> >

> No, it  doesn't, and the documentation in the source code clearly says
> this.  CGIHTTPServer.py does, however.  Are you new to Python?

Yes I'm a beginner.

> >I couldn't install the original cherrypy.
> >

> Why not?

Ok now it rocks!!!
Because I haven't a commandline (cmd) on the PockePC, I have manually
copied cherrypy to site-packages.
\Program Files\Python24\Lib\site-packages\cherrypy\
Afterwards under \Program Files\Python24\Lib\ there was no compiler
folder. I copied also thatone. And finally it rocks!!!!

> >Is there a PocketPC Port?
> >

> There are no "ports" of CherryPy, because there is no C code to
> compile.  It's all just straight Python.  The source should run
> everywhere that Python runs.

Ok, I guessed, probably the python package for PocketPC, doesn't
contain all  functions.
So also cherrypy need to be modified (changed) to run.

Thanks for your help

bye
Robert