Popup menu using Toggle(Tool)Button

Jody Steele
What I would like to do is have a button that when pressed pops up a
gtk.Menu similar to how the MenuToolButton works.  However I would like
the actual button to popup the menu, not the arrow, which I would like to
not exist.  Hence my reason for not using MenuToolButton in the first
place.

I assume this is possible, and fairly easy to do, and that the answer is
just escaping me.

Something I looked into was gtk.Menu.attach_to_widget, but the
documentation seems to be lacking for that particular function.

Thank you in advance,
Jody Steele

P.S. If using a regular (Read: non toggle) button is significantly easier,
I can be swayed to do that instead.