Quantcast

Poster session at EPC 2012 ?

M.-A. Lemburg
I know this was discussed in the aftermath of last years EuroPython,
so was wondering whether we'll have a poster session at this years
conference ?

I think it would be an interesting addition to the conference since
it allows for closer interaction between presenter and interested
attendees.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 16 2012)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/

   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Re: Poster session at EPC 2012 ?

Giovanni Bajo
On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 20:01 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I know this was discussed in the aftermath of last years EuroPython,
> so was wondering whether we'll have a poster session at this years
> conference ?
>
> I think it would be an interesting addition to the conference since
> it allows for closer interaction between presenter and interested
> attendees.

We were trying to find out an appropriate physical space for it, before
officially confirming it and adding it to the call for proposals.

How many posters would you expect to be present at the session, to call
it a success? 10? 30? 100?
--
Giovanni Bajo   ::  [hidden email]
Develer S.r.l.  ::  http://www.develer.com

My Blog: http://giovanni.bajo.it

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 20:01 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> I know this was discussed in the aftermath of last years EuroPython,
>> so was wondering whether we'll have a poster session at this years
>> conference ?
>>
>> I think it would be an interesting addition to the conference since
>> it allows for closer interaction between presenter and interested
>> attendees.
>
> We were trying to find out an appropriate physical space for it, before
> officially confirming it and adding it to the call for proposals.

Ok. The buffet area would be great for this.

> How many posters would you expect to be present at the session, to call
> it a success? 10? 30? 100?

Since it's the first time, 10 would be a success, I guess.
PyCon US 2011 had 31: https://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/posters/

For 100, we'd have to move this to the Galleria degli Uffizi ;-)

More infos on posters: https://us.pycon.org/2012/posters/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 16 2012)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/

   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Re: Poster session at EPC 2012 ?

Fabio Pliger

2012/2/16 M.-A. Lemburg <[hidden email]>
Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 20:01 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> I know this was discussed in the aftermath of last years EuroPython,
>> so was wondering whether we'll have a poster session at this years
>> conference ?
>>
>> I think it would be an interesting addition to the conference since
>> it allows for closer interaction between presenter and interested
>> attendees.
>
> We were trying to find out an appropriate physical space for it, before
> officially confirming it and adding it to the call for proposals.

Ok. The buffet area would be great for this.

> How many posters would you expect to be present at the session, to call
> it a success? 10? 30? 100?

Since it's the first time, 10 would be a success, I guess.
PyCon US 2011 had 31: https://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/posters/

For 100, we'd have to move this to the Galleria degli Uffizi ;-)

Mmmm... don't try Giovanni! ;-)