Posterous/tumblr like functionality

Chris McCormick-4
Hi all,

I have written a small Python script which might be useful to pybloxsom people.
The idea is that you put it in your .procmailrc script and it converts emails
into blog posts, breaking out the attachments and saving them to a directory of
your choice. It uses templates to format how to make each attachment appear in
posts. The way I use this is:

 * See something cool.
 * Snap a photo with my phone.
 * Email it to my special address (where procmail / my script rececives it).
 * Attachment(s) get saved, blog post gets generated with links / images to attachments.

You can get the source code with bzr:

bzr co http://mccormick.cx/dev/blogblast/

I will probably add templates for video uploads, audio, and a "catch-all" for
any media type it does not know. I hope this is useful to someone else.

Cheers,

Chris.

-------------------
http://mccormick.cx

Re: Posterous/tumblr like functionality

seanh-4
Cool! I had just been thinking that pyblosxom should have a
post-by-email add-on, as blosxom used to have one, and they are useful
for posting from things like phones and tablets.

There is also a pyblosxom tumblelog plugin that adds some
tumblr/posterous-like functionality, that might work well in combination
with your add-on:

https://github.com/seanh/PyBlosxom-tumblelog