Primary Jython Maintainer

Brian Zimmer
All,

Over a year ago the Jython community was given a great boost with the
awarding of a PSF grant for further Jython development.  The grant
proposal included fixing bugs, applying patches and working towards
great compatibility with CPython.

While some of this work was accomplished, not all was completed.  For
both personal and professional reasons I did not have as much time as I
originally expected to work on Jython's development.

Fortunately, however, Frank Wierzbicki stepped forward to work on a
great number of features and has recently taken over as the primary
Jython developer.  He is going to continue in this role for the
foreseeable future.  Please help me congratulate him and offer him your
assistance where you can.

thanks, brian

[Jython-users] Re: Primary Jython Maintainer

Kent Johnson
Thanks Brian! You have done the Jython community a great service by rejuvenating Jython development and starting a new development community.

Of course I mean no slight to those who went before...

Kent

Brian Zimmer wrote:

> All,
>
> Over a year ago the Jython community was given a great boost with the
> awarding of a PSF grant for further Jython development.  The grant
> proposal included fixing bugs, applying patches and working towards
> great compatibility with CPython.
>
> While some of this work was accomplished, not all was completed.  For
> both personal and professional reasons I did not have as much time as I
> originally expected to work on Jython's development.
>
> Fortunately, however, Frank Wierzbicki stepped forward to work on a
> great number of features and has recently taken over as the primary
> Jython developer.  He is going to continue in this role for the
> foreseeable future.  Please help me congratulate him and offer him your
> assistance where you can.
>
> thanks, brian

http://www.kentsjohnson.com

Re: Primary Jython Maintainer

Sean McGrath
Brian,

Thanks for everything. Thanks in no small part to your work and
Samuele's, Jython surmounted a rough patch and is now forging ahead into
very exciting times.

regards,
Sean

Kent Johnson wrote:

> Thanks Brian! You have done the Jython community a great service by
> rejuvenating Jython development and starting a new development community.
>
> Of course I mean no slight to those who went before...
>
> Kent
>
> Brian Zimmer wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Over a year ago the Jython community was given a great boost with the
>> awarding of a PSF grant for further Jython development.  The grant
>> proposal included fixing bugs, applying patches and working towards
>> great compatibility with CPython.
>>
>> While some of this work was accomplished, not all was completed.  For
>> both personal and professional reasons I did not have as much time as I
>> originally expected to work on Jython's development.
>>
>> Fortunately, however, Frank Wierzbicki stepped forward to work on a
>> great number of features and has recently taken over as the primary
>> Jython developer.  He is going to continue in this role for the
>> foreseeable future.  Please help me congratulate him and offer him your
>> assistance where you can.
>>
>> thanks, brian

Re: Primary Jython Maintainer

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
I want to add my voice to all of the others in thanking Brian for all
of his hard work.  I also want to thank him for his help in getting me
up to speed on Jython's internals.

Thanks,

-Frank

On 11/14/05, Brian Zimmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Over a year ago the Jython community was given a great boost with the
> awarding of a PSF grant for further Jython development.  The grant
> proposal included fixing bugs, applying patches and working towards
> great compatibility with CPython.
>
> While some of this work was accomplished, not all was completed.  For
> both personal and professional reasons I did not have as much time as I
> originally expected to work on Jython's development.
>
> Fortunately, however, Frank Wierzbicki stepped forward to work on a
> great number of features and has recently taken over as the primary
> Jython developer.  He is going to continue in this role for the
> foreseeable future.  Please help me congratulate him and offer him your
> assistance where you can.
>
> thanks, brian

[Jython-users] Re: Re: Primary Jython Maintainer

oti-3
Brian:
thanks a lot for you work ! And I strongly hope that you stay tuned.

Frank:
congratulations, and all the best for your new responsibility !

I'm in,
Oti.