Private sip modules not ending in .sip

Scott Talbert
Hi,

It seems that private sip modules cannot end in something other than sip
(wxpython uses siplib).

[sip-4.19.18]$ mkdir build
[sip-4.19.18]$ cd build
[build]$ python3 ../configure.py --sip-module=wx.siplib
This is SIP 4.19.18 for Python 3.7.4 on linux.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/bin.
The sip.h header file will be installed in /usr/include/python3.7m.
The wx.siplib module will be installed in
/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx.
The sip.pyi stub file will be installed in
/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/share/sip.
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...
[build]$ grep -rsI sip.so *
installed.txt:/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx/sip.so
siplib/Makefile:TARGET = sip.so
[build]$

It seems that there are a couple places where sip is hard-coded, namely
siplib/siplib.sbf and in create_makefiles in configure.py.

Scott

Re: Private sip modules not ending in .sip

Phil Thompson-5
On 21/08/2019 03:14, Scott Talbert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that private sip modules cannot end in something other than
> sip (wxpython uses siplib).
>
> [sip-4.19.18]$ mkdir build
> [sip-4.19.18]$ cd build
> [build]$ python3 ../configure.py --sip-module=wx.siplib
> This is SIP 4.19.18 for Python 3.7.4 on linux.
> The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/bin.
> The sip.h header file will be installed in /usr/include/python3.7m.
> The wx.siplib module will be installed in
> /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx.
> The sip.pyi stub file will be installed in
> /usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx.
> The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/share/sip.
> Creating sipconfig.py...
> Creating top level Makefile...
> Creating sip code generator Makefile...
> Creating sip module Makefile...
> [build]$ grep -rsI sip.so *
> installed.txt:/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/wx/sip.so
> siplib/Makefile:TARGET = sip.so
> [build]$
>
> It seems that there are a couple places where sip is hard-coded,
> namely siplib/siplib.sbf and in create_makefiles in configure.py.

That's true but the support for another name was added specifically for
wx and it (I think) uses its own build system.

sip5 doesn't have the problem.

Phil