Problem debugging to python.runtime.dll

Vishal.Parikh

Hi,

We are actually using Python.Net with python 2.5 and I wanted to learn the internal architecture of the Python.Runtime.Dll. I have tried debugging the dll by attaching the process to python.exe but doesn’t hit any break point. I don’t know much about the compiler design and how it works internal but all I want is I should be able to debug how my C# instruction is getting executed using python.runtime.dll

It would be really helpful if I get steps to debug it or get some sort of direction or architecture design diagram.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishal

Re: Problem debugging to python.runtime.dll

Dave Hirschfeld

Vishal.Parikh wrote
We are actually using Python.Net with python 2.5 and I wanted to learn
the internal architecture of the Python.Runtime.Dll. I have tried
debugging the dll by attaching the process to python.exe but doesn't hit
any break point. I don't know much about the compiler design and how it
works internal but all I want is I should be able to debug how my C#
instruction is getting executed using python.runtime.dll
In the Debug Tab of the Properties dialog for your C# project choose "Start external program" for the Start Action and select the normal CPython executable - python.exe. In the "Command line arguments" put the full path of the python script which calls the C# function you want to debug. If you debug the project now it should run the python script and you should drop in to the c# debugger at the breakpoint you set in the function called by the Python script.

HTH,
Dave