Problem loading vb.net DLL in Python

navneet khanna
Hello Everybody

I am trying to load vb.net dll in Python, but its showing errors.

>>> from ctypes import *
>>> dll = windll.Userdll
>>> dll
<WinDLL 'Userdll', handle 1050000 at cade50>
>>> dll_function1 = dll.xml_load("C:\test.xml")

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
    dll_function1 = dll.xml_init("C:\test.xml")
  File "C:\Python25\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 361, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 366, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: function 'xml_init' not found

Userdll is a dll created in vb.net. xml_load is a function in it. I tried loading this dll in vb.net its working fine. I accessed in vb.net by referencing in settings.
Do we have any such option in Python?
Can I call the class of vb.net dll in Python , so that i can create its object and access its functions.
Please help me out. I would be grateful to you.

Thanks
Navneet

Re: Problem loading vb.net DLL in Python

sambasivareddy

Hi Navneet,

If I understand u r problem correct. Don’t use python…..use python.net….have a look in to below link…u will get clear idea on it.

http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/readme.html

Above link they clearly mention how to load/import dlls .plz go through it.

Regards,

Sambu.

[...]

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us immediately at [hidden email] and delete this mail.