Problem with custom python installation with all-in-one windows installer 2.7

Problem with custom python installation with all-in-one windows installer 2.7

Matthew Parry
I've been trying to use the Windows all-in-one installer for python2.7 on a Windows Vista 32-bit setup. I've verified that the python is 32 bit.

When I select 'another location' option it initially provides "C:\PythonX\" as an option, which I change to Python2.7. However, after the install completes there is a folder called "C:\PythonX\ with gtk in the share folder and "import gtk" doesn't work in python. It seems that the PythonX folder is being used as the location regardless of what I given the installer as the location. This still occurs if I hit enter in the text entry box.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew Parry