Proposals wanted for EP 2013

Laura Creighton-2

We know where we are going to be spending EP2012 -- we are returning to
Florence where the wonderful EP2011 occurred this summer.  But now is the
time to begin putting together proposals for where to have the event in
2 years time.  I'd like to have all proposals in by January 1, 2012.
As we are now a conference of size 500, we need more lead time in order
to reserve conference space.  Because the number of places which can hold
us is smaller, since we are larger, they tend to be booked years in advance.

So I'd like it if groups interested in hosting 2013 EP would put together
a proposal and get it to us for voting by January 1st.

1.  Is this too short?  I know I told people I would ask for this in Sept, but
as usual, life intervened.

2. The Florence organisers have told me they are willing to host EP in 2013
as well.  So I have encouraged them to submit as proposal as well.  So, don't
you fear, we will have a EP 2013 even if nobody else submits a proposal.

More details on how the vote will be conducted when we find out who is
interested in hosting the event (and if there is a loud scream of outrage
that a Jan 1 deadline is too short).

All the best,
Laura

Re: Proposals wanted for EP 2013

Fabio Pliger

2011/10/16 Laura Creighton <[hidden email]>

[...]

I agree with Laura that we need proposals.. It'd be great to have the EP2013 team helping us during the 2012 event.

If no proposal arrives I think we should ping the german team that ran the bid with us for EP 2011-2012 hosting as they did a great proposal as well..

cheers

Fabio