PyCA cryptography 1.8 (and 1.8.1) has been released to PyPI. cryptography
is a package which provides cryptographic recipes and primitives to Python
developers. Our goal is for it to be your "cryptographic standard library".
We support Python 2.6-2.7, Python 3.3+, and PyPy.
* Fixed macOS wheels to properly link against 1.1.0 rather than 1.0.2.
* Added support for Python 3.6.
* Windows and macOS wheels now link against OpenSSL 1.1.0.
* macOS wheels are no longer universal. This change significantly shrinks
the size of the wheels. Users on macOS 32-bit Python (if there are any)
should migrate to 64-bit or build their own packages.
* Changed ASN.1 dependency from pyasn1 to asn1crypto resulting in a general
performance increase when encoding/decoding ASN.1 structures. Also, the
``pyasn1_modules`` test dependency is no longer required.
* Added support for update_into on CipherContext.
* Added DHPrivateKeyWithSerialization.private_bytes.
* Added DHPublicKeyWithSerialization.public_bytes
* load_pem_private_key and load_der_private_key now require that
``password`` must be bytes if provided. Previously this
was documented but not enforced.
* Added support for subgroup order in Diffie-Hellman key exchange.