PyCamp

Chris Calloway
Please humor this message from one of your sister Python user groups:

There are five days left for PyCamp early bird registration.

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pyc1/

PyCamp takes a programmer familiar with basic programming concepts to
the status of Python developer with one week of training. The training
is geared towards scientific and research computing. If you have
previous programming experience and want to step into Python programming
as quickly and painlessly as possible, this boot camp is for you. PyCamp
covers XML processing, SOAP web services, matplotlib, gnuplot, NumPy,
Scientific Python, SciPy, PyMat, RPy, and more.

Depending on the demographics of early registratrants, more time in
PyCamp may be spent on bioinformatics, environmental applications, GIS
applications, or parallel processing applications.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 17-6 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323

Re: PyCamp

Marilyn Davis
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Chris Calloway wrote:

> Please humor this message from one of your sister Python user groups:

Hi Chris,

Actually, I like to see what training opportunities look like in other
places.

And this one looks great.  Very attractive web site.

Thank you.

Marilyn Davis

> There are five days left for PyCamp early bird registration.
>
> http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pyc1/
>
> PyCamp takes a programmer familiar with basic programming concepts to
> the status of Python developer with one week of training. The training
> is geared towards scientific and research computing. If you have
> previous programming experience and want to step into Python programming
> as quickly and painlessly as possible, this boot camp is for you. PyCamp
> covers XML processing, SOAP web services, matplotlib, gnuplot, NumPy,
> Scientific Python, SciPy, PyMat, RPy, and more.
>
> Depending on the demographics of early registratrants, more time in
> PyCamp may be spent on bioinformatics, environmental applications, GIS
> applications, or parallel processing applications.

Re: PyCamp

snowwrite
<<And this one looks great.  Very attractive web site.

Thank you.

Marilyn Davis>>

It's a Plone site :-)

Here is our future site:

http://www.baypiggies.net/zope/pr

This weekend I'll get baypiggies.net June schedule updated.. I've had a nasty can't-get-out-of-bed flu this week.. on the tail end of it now.

Next week I'm going to start making changes to our base Plone site (colors, style, menu links).

Donna Snow

Re: PyCamp

Stephen McInerney
Chris,

I totally love the course outline, but am unlikely to take a week vacation
this August to go to Raleigh.
Please post if you have other tentative dates, and/or if you ever do the SF
Bay Area.
(You may get good responses from Livermore and Berkeley LBL).

Also, adding vPython and VTK would be neat; prefer more MatLab and no R.
Do you have opinions on Enthought Python distribution, and can you suggest
them to also bundle the packages you use?

Regards,
Stephen McInerney