PyCon 2011 news - going strong, sign up today!

PyCon 2011 news - going strong, sign up today!

briancurtin
Hello group!

PyCon 2011 looks like it may very well break every single record in the past -
making it one of the biggest and best PyCons of all time. We've gone all out
this year - including Extreme Talks, a Startup Row, amazing talks, tutorials,
Poster sessions.

Extreme talks:
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/extreme/
Startup Row:
http://us.pycon.org/2011/blog/2011/01/19/announcing-startup-row-pycon-2011/

Also just announced - "Startup Stories":
http://us.pycon.org/2011/blog/2011/02/07/pycon-2011-announcing-startup-stories/

If you haven't bought your PyCon tickets, it's time to do so. This year we're
limited to 1500 attendees, and with a faster than average sales rate compared
to previous years, you may not have the luxury of leaving registration until
just before the conference -- places may sell out in advance! Check out
http://us.pycon.org/2011/tickets/ for rates and details.

Not sold on the conference? Not sure what it's all about? We are confident this
year's conference will surpass anything that has gone before, and we think
there's something for everyone.

Looking for education? This year's tutorial selection features a range of
topics and an all-star cast of presenters. From the cloud to the GUI, from
beginner to advanced, we have it. Check out courses taught by book authors
Wesley Chun and David Beazley, web framework master Jacob Kaplan-Moss, core
developer and guru Raymond Hettinger, hacker extraordinaire Zed Shaw and many
more: http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/tutorials/ -- and at flat fees that
wouldn't buy you an hour of training by less-qualified instructors elsewhere!

The conference talks are some of the best we've seen in years, coming from a
record number of submissions. We've got talks on using Python for airplane
tuning and massive telescopes. All of the major web frameworks will be
discussed. Numerous databases are covered. PyPy, IronPython and Jython are in.
We'll be talking about IDEs, testing, security, scalability, and documentation.
Have a look: http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/talks/

We've also got an amazing array of poster presentations - everything from
Arduino hacking, Geospatial Python, Open Government and Microsoft Kinect
hacking. Check out: http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/lists/posters/

Meanwhile we've got the awesome sprints  (http://us.pycon.org/2011/sprints/),
and open spaces (http://us.pycon.org/2011/openspaces/) everyone knows and
loves.

This is shaping up to be the best PyCon yet, and we think it's a great value,
both cost-wise, and community-wise. We can guarantee that you'll come away with
a head full of knowledge and amazing new friends and contacts.

Get your tickets before they are gone: http://us.pycon.org/2011/tickets/

If you have any questions, comments or concerns - feel free to email Van
Lindberg ([hidden email]) or Jesse Noller ([hidden email]) or
pycon-organizers ([hidden email]).

See you in Atlanta,

Van Lindberg
Jesse Noller