It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development of PyDev.
* **Important**: PyDev requires Eclipse 3.8 or 4.3 onwards and Java 7! For older versions, keep using PyDev 2.x (use LiClipse: http://brainwy.github.io/liclipse for a PyDev standalone with all requirements bundled).
* It's now possible to **attach debugger to running process in Windows and Linux** (open debug perspective > PyDev > Attach to Process)
* pep8 upgraded to 1.5.7
* Fixed issue in dialog shown when PyDev editor is opened which could lead to closing the IDE.
* Selecting PyQT API version using sip.setapi no longer fails in debug mode (PyDev-452).
* Code completion tries to get docstring definition from class before evaluating property (PyDev-412).
* Internal error error when parsing file with wrong syntax: java.lang.ClassCastException for invalid dict (PyDev-411).
* runfile was restored in pydevconsole (Ctrl+Alt+Enter is working again).
* **Variables** and **Expressions** views working again when debugging interactive console (PyDev-446).
* Pressing Shift to debug with Ctrl+F9 test runner now properly works in Linux (PyDev-444).
* Fixed interpreter configuration when the interpreter prints something before actually running interpreterInfo.py (PyDev-448).
* Fixed NullPointerException when debugging file without extension.