It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development of PyDev.
* **Important**: PyDev requires Eclipse 3.8 or 4.3 onwards and Java 7! For older versions, keep using PyDev 2.x (use LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com for a PyDev standalone with all requirements bundled).
* **Vertical Indent Guide** is now available (may be customized in PyDev > Editor > Vertical Indent Guide. PyDev-359).
* The horizontal scrollbar is shown by default (again). It's still possible to hide it in the Preferences > PyDev > Editor > Overview Ruler Minimap.
* Fixed critical issue where the minimap could lead to a repaint recursion on some Linux versions (reproduced on Ubuntu 12. LiClipse-120).
* The PYTHONPATH is now properly passed to PyLint when using an external executable (PyDev-475).
* Fixed issue where breakpoints in other editors (i.e.: CDT) where wrongly being handled by PyDev (patch by Danny Yoo. PyDev-482).
* Fixed issue doing code-completion for builtins in Jython (PyDev-457).
* **Interactive Console**
* When doing a code-completion with Ctrl+Space, let tab change the focus instead of doing the tab-enabled completion.
* Output given from the backend could end up being editable (PyDev-465).
* input() was including the prompt in the input string (PyDev-465).
* Debugger console was outputting greeting message when it shouldn't (PyDev-464).
* **pep8**: --exclude can now be used in pep8 parameters (patch by Sebastian Elsner. PyDev-466).
* **autopep8**: end line delimiter is now being kept (patch by Ben Blank. PyDev-461).
* Unittest integration: Making sure we don't import the unittest module before executing pytest (PyDev-455).
* Unittest integration: Fix to use the proper encoding when passing stdout/stderr to the java side.
* Fixed issue when debugging file without extension (when there was no default editor associated to the file name).
* Debugger: getpass properly working with additional arguments (PyDev-460).