PyGObject 3.11.4 Released

Simon Feltman
I am pleased to announce version 3.11.4 of the Python bindings for
GObject. This is the fourth alpha release of the 3.11.x series for GNOME 3.12.

Notable additions in this release include demos showing off CSS with GTK+
thanks to Gian Mario Tagliaretti. While these demos are not currently included
in the in the release tarball, they are available in our git repository:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/pygobject/tree/demos/gtk-demo

Python doc strings for introspected classes and functions have been updated.
Classes now list available constructors with their function signatures and
type annotations. Function doc strings now accurately present their signatures
and no longer include implicit arguments like list lengths.

Download
========
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org:

https://download.gnome.org/sources/pygobject/3.11/pygobject-3.11.4.tar.xz (497K)
sha256sum: 073bc913bfafcbdad5578a976022d60c4f13707489e7fb83c492ca17327e9ab7

What’s new since PyGObject 3.11.4
=================================
- Add enum and flags member methods (Simon Feltman) (#693099)
- overrides: Fix __repr__ for various Gdk structs (Simon Feltman)
- python.m4: g/c JD_PYTHON_CHECK_VERSION (Patrick Welche) (#721662)
- Support union creation with PyGIStruct (Simon Feltman)
- docs: List constructors in object and struct doc strings
  (Simon Feltman) (#708060)
- docs: Fix array length argument skipping with preceding out arguments
- docs: Add return values and skip implicit out arguments in functions
  (Simon Feltman) (#697356)
- docs: Skip implicit array length args when building function doc strings
  (Simon Feltman) (#697356)
- gtk-demo: Add CSS demos (Gian Mario Tagliaretti) (#719722)
- build: Avoid clash between gi/types.py and stdlib (Colin Watson) (#721025)

About PyGObject
===============
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.

PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.

Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.

PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.

Re: PyGObject 3.11.4 Released

andrea morales
Hi everyone,

I'm creating a displayed interface where you have a window and some buttons. Among these buttons, one has name 'settings' and as you click it, it launches a graphic environments (again window with buttons) which I will refer as the Setting's window :).

Now here is my problem: if I click four times on the Settings button I get four different Setting windows. Instead I would like having only  one window displayed and the successive click just recalling the window on foreground.

Can someone help me with that?