What's new in PyGObject 3.13.2
- Unification of GLib.GError and GLib.Error. GLib.Error should be used for any
exception handling while GLib.GError is a compatibility alias.
(Simon Feltman) (#712519)
- New API gi.require_foreign() for ensuring cairo marshalling is supported.
(Simon Feltman) (#707735)
- Automatic marshalling of cairo objects from non-introspected signal arguments.
(Simon Feltman) (#694604)
- GTypeClass methods are now directly available on Python GObject classes.
This allows calling previously un-available methods like:
Gtk.Widget.list_child_properties (Johan Dahlin) (#685218)
- Gtk.Container.child_get_property and Gtk.Widget.style_get_property now return
Python native values and the pass-by-reference "value" argument is optional.
- Add Gtk.Container.child_get and child_set for working with multiple child
properties (Simon Feltman) (#685076)
- Python 3.4 make check fixes
- PEP8 fixes
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.
pygtk mailing list [hidden email] http://www.daa.com.au/mailman/listinfo/pygtk Read the PyGTK FAQ: http://faq.pygtk.org/