What’s new since PyGObject 188.8.131.52
- overrides: Fix inconsistencies with drag and drop target list API
(Simon Feltman) (#680640)
- pygtkcompat: Add pygtk compatible GenericTreeModel implementation
(Simon Feltman) (#682933)
- overrides: Add support for iterables besides tuples for TreePath
creation (Simon Feltman) (#682933)
- Prefix __module__ attribute of function objects with gi.repository
(Niklas Koep) (#693839)
- configure.ac: only enable code coverage when available, to fix
autogen.sh with older gnome-commons (Jonathan Ballet) (#693328)
- Correctly set properties on object with statically defined properties
(Jonathan Ballet) (#693618)
- autogen.sh: Use gnome-autogen.sh (Martin Pitt) (#693328)
- Fix reference leaks with transient floating objects (Simon Feltman)
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)