What’s new since PyGObject 3.8.1
- Fix vfunc info search for classes with multiple inheritance
(Simon Feltman) (#700092)
- Fix closure argument conversion for enum and flag in args
- Fix marshaling Python to FFI return value for enum and flags
- Use correct class for GtkEditable's get_selection_bounds() function
(Mike Ruprecht) (#699096)
- Test results of g_base_info_get_name for NULL (Simon Feltman)
- Change interpretation of NULL pointer field from None to 0
(Simon Feltman) (#698366)
- Remove Python keyword escapement in Repository.find_by_name
(Simon Feltman) (#697363)
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)