PyIMAPIFolder.DeleteFolder ??

Sriram Karra

I am trying to programatically delete a Contacts folder (that I programatically created using PyIMAPI.CreateFolder), when I get the following exception:

AttributeError: 'PyIMAPIFolder' object has no attribute 'DeleteFolder'

I can see there is an EmptyFolder() implemented, and documented at: http://timgolden.me.uk/pywin32-docs/PyIMAPIFolder__EmptyFolder_meth.html) ... so why not DeleteFolder? Should I be looking in some other place?

Regards,
-Sriram

Re: PyIMAPIFolder.DeleteFolder ??

Mark Hammond-4
On 14/04/2012 1:39 AM, Sriram ET. wrote:

> I am trying to programatically delete a Contacts folder (that I
> programatically created using PyIMAPI.CreateFolder), when I get the
> following exception:
>
> AttributeError: 'PyIMAPIFolder' object has no attribute 'DeleteFolder'
>
> I can see there is an EmptyFolder() implemented, and documented at:
> http://timgolden.me.uk/pywin32-docs/PyIMAPIFolder__EmptyFolder_meth.html) ...
> so why not DeleteFolder? Should I be looking in some other place?

I'm afraid that simply isn't exposed by pywin32 as yet.

Mark

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Mark Hammond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 14/04/2012 1:39 AM, Sriram ET. wrote:

I am trying to programatically delete a Contacts folder (that I
programatically created using PyIMAPI.CreateFolder), when I get the
following exception:

AttributeError: 'PyIMAPIFolder' object has no attribute 'DeleteFolder'

I can see there is an EmptyFolder() implemented, and documented at:
http://timgolden.me.uk/pywin32-docs/PyIMAPIFolder__EmptyFolder_meth.html) ...
so why not DeleteFolder? Should I be looking in some other place?

I'm afraid that simply isn't exposed by pywin32 as yet.

Hi Mark, is there anything I can do (like raise a feature request) or something that will put it somewhere in your roadmap?

-Sriram

Re: PyIMAPIFolder.DeleteFolder ??

Mark Hammond-3
On 17/04/2012 3:37 PM, Sriram ET. wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Mark Hammond <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 14/04/2012 1:39 AM, Sriram ET. wrote:
>

>         I am trying to programatically delete a Contacts folder (that I
>         programatically created using PyIMAPI.CreateFolder), when I get the
>         following exception:
>
>         AttributeError: 'PyIMAPIFolder' object has no attribute
>         'DeleteFolder'
>
>         I can see there is an EmptyFolder() implemented, and documented at:
>         http://timgolden.me.uk/__pywin32-docs/PyIMAPIFolder____EmptyFolder_meth.html
>         <http://timgolden.me.uk/pywin32-docs/PyIMAPIFolder__EmptyFolder_meth.html>)
>         so why not DeleteFolder? Should I be looking in some other place?
>

>     I'm afraid that simply isn't exposed by pywin32 as yet.
>

> Hi Mark, is there anything I can do (like raise a feature request) or
> something that will put it somewhere in your roadmap?

A feature request at sourceforce.net/projects/pywin32 would do that.

Cheers,

Mark

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Mark Hammond <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 17/04/2012 3:37 PM, Sriram ET. wrote:

Hi Mark, is there anything I can do (like raise a feature request) or
something that will put it somewhere in your roadmap?

A feature request at sourceforce.net/projects/pywin32 would do that.

Cheers, and thanks for all the good work!

-Sriram