Quantcast

PyPI download stats stopped updating

Fuzzyman-2
Hey folks,

It looks like download stats for packages have stopped updating.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

May you do good and not evil

Re: PyPI download stats stopped updating

Donald Stufft
I've also seen this, Logging on Crate.io shows that no updates have occurred at least since the 28th, I've
gotten reports of it being since the 26th. Curiously the data at pypi.python.org/stats/ *seems* like it might
be updating.

On Friday, March 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

Hey folks,

It looks like download stats for packages have stopped updating.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

May you do good and not evil

Re: PyPI download stats stopped updating

"Martin v. Löwis"
> It looks like download stats for packages have stopped updating.

I have now fixed it. After the last dinsdale crash, the postgres WAL
was corrupted. Even though Noah (IIRC) had fixed that, apparently, there
was inconsistencies in the database.

As a consequence, updating the download counter made triggered an
assertion in postgres, which in turn caused the transaction to abort.
I tried reindexing the database, which failed due to a duplicate
primary key in the user table.

I manually removed the duplicate record, reindexed the database, and
ran the stats integration. So now all should be fine.

Regards,
Martin