Quantcast

PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150

Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

Thanks,
Ken Cochrane

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Jannis Leidel-5

On 05.04.2012, at 16:38, ken cochrane wrote:

> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>
> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

FYI, I just fixed d.pypi.python.org which was stuck with a non-working pep381client process.

Jannis

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
Jannis,

Awesome, thank you so much for your help.

Ken

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Jannis Leidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.04.2012, at 16:38, ken cochrane wrote:
>
>> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?
>
> FYI, I just fixed d.pypi.python.org which was stuck with a non-working pep381client process.
>
> Jannis

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Sebastien Douche
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 16:38, ken cochrane <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>
> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

It could be great to have a similar page to
http://mirrors.cpan.org/

--
Sebastien Douche <[hidden email]>
Twitter: @sdouche / G+: +sdouche

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
Yeah that is pretty cool, and it wouldn't be that hard to build, you
would just need a list of all mirrors and then ping each pypi mirrors
last-modified date url every so often and update the page. making it
look nice might be the most complex part.

Ken

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Sebastien Douche <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 16:38, ken cochrane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?
>
> It could be great to have a similar page to
> http://mirrors.cpan.org/
>

> --
> Sebastien Douche <[hidden email]>
> Twitter: @sdouche / G+: +sdouche

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
OK, I decided to build a rough prototype during my lunch break, it
isn't anything special, very very basic and rough.

http://pypimirrors-kencochrane.dotcloud.com

available on github here: https://github.com/kencochrane/pypi-mirrors

Needs a lot of TLC, to make it looks as nice as the cpan one, but you
get the picture.

Ken

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM, ken cochrane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah that is pretty cool, and it wouldn't be that hard to build, you
> would just need a list of all mirrors and then ping each pypi mirrors
> last-modified date url every so often and update the page. making it
> look nice might be the most complex part.
>
> Ken
>

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Sebastien Douche <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 16:38, ken cochrane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>>>
>>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>>>
>>> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?
>>
>> It could be great to have a similar page to
>> http://mirrors.cpan.org/
>>

>> --
>> Sebastien Douche <[hidden email]>
>> Twitter: @sdouche / G+: +sdouche

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Tarek Ziadé-2
On 4/6/12 1:18 AM, ken cochrane wrote:

> OK, I decided to build a rough prototype during my lunch break, it
> isn't anything special, very very basic and rough.
>
> http://pypimirrors-kencochrane.dotcloud.com
>
> available on github here: https://github.com/kencochrane/pypi-mirrors
>
> Needs a lot of TLC, to make it looks as nice as the cpan one, but you
> get the picture.
>
> Ken

Very nice !  If you're willing to keep that page up and running, I'd
love to see a link to that page at pypi.python.org.

Cheers
Tarek

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Tarek Ziadé-2
On a side note, I think we should contact b. and e. maintainers and ask
them to get up to speed, or eventually remove them

Cheers

On 4/6/12 1:18 AM, ken cochrane wrote:

> OK, I decided to build a rough prototype during my lunch break, it
> isn't anything special, very very basic and rough.
>
> http://pypimirrors-kencochrane.dotcloud.com
>
> available on github here: https://github.com/kencochrane/pypi-mirrors
>
> Needs a lot of TLC, to make it looks as nice as the cpan one, but you
> get the picture.
>
> Ken
>

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM, ken cochrane<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Yeah that is pretty cool, and it wouldn't be that hard to build, you
>> would just need a list of all mirrors and then ping each pypi mirrors
>> last-modified date url every so often and update the page. making it
>> look nice might be the most complex part.
>>
>> Ken

>>> It could be great to have a similar page to
>>> http://mirrors.cpan.org/
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sebastien Douche<[hidden email]>
>>> Twitter: @sdouche / G+: +sdouche

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
Tarek,

I can keep it up as long as people feel it is useful, it is running
for free at dotCloud so it isn't costing me any money :) . If we want
to make it more legit we should give it a better url though. Any
suggestions?

I also agree about contacting the b and e mirrors. Do we know who
maintains them?

Ken

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Tarek Ziadé <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/6/12 1:18 AM, ken cochrane wrote:
>>
>> OK, I decided to build a rough prototype during my lunch break, it
>> isn't anything special, very very basic and rough.
>>
>> http://pypimirrors-kencochrane.dotcloud.com
>>
>> available on github here: https://github.com/kencochrane/pypi-mirrors
>>
>> Needs a lot of TLC, to make it looks as nice as the cpan one, but you
>> get the picture.
>>
>> Ken
>

> Very nice !  If you're willing to keep that page up and running, I'd love to
> see a link to that page at pypi.python.org.
>

> Cheers
> Tarek

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

"Martin v. Löwis"
> Very nice !  If you're willing to keep that page up and running, I'd
> love to see a link to that page at pypi.python.org.

If this is considered useful, I think it should be *in* PyPI.

Regards,
Martin

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Andreas Jung-5

lists.vcf (325 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Alex Clark
Hi

On 4/7/12 11:21 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane
Andreas,

I have added 'uploading to PyPI' and 'notifications' to my TODO list.

Question about the notifications.

1. Do you run one of the official PyPI mirrors?

2. How do you want to get notified? I'm thinking once a day, we look
to see which mirrors are older then 24 hours out of date, and if
stale, we send an email to the owner of that mirror.

3. How do we envision this working? Should we have one website that
monitors the mirrors and sends out 1 notification per day per mirror
to it's owner, or make it so that people can run their own monitoring
app and notify themselves for their own mirror?

4. Email sending: If we have a list of the maintainers for each
mirror, we can email them directly, or we can send one daily email to
this list, with all mirrors that are out of date and let the people on
this list manage contacting the people directly. Any preferences?

Ken

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

Donald Stufft
I already have notifications on crate.io for the mirror getting out of Sync, but I would gladly accept more notifications
from this resource as well.

Nice Work ;)

On Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM, ken cochrane wrote:

Andreas,

I have added 'uploading to PyPI' and 'notifications' to my TODO list.

Question about the notifications.

1. Do you run one of the official PyPI mirrors?

2. How do you want to get notified? I'm thinking once a day, we look
to see which mirrors are older then 24 hours out of date, and if
stale, we send an email to the owner of that mirror.

3. How do we envision this working? Should we have one website that
monitors the mirrors and sends out 1 notification per day per mirror
to it's owner, or make it so that people can run their own monitoring
app and notify themselves for their own mirror?

4. Email sending: If we have a list of the maintainers for each
mirror, we can email them directly, or we can send one daily email to
this list, with all mirrors that are out of date and let the people on
this list manage contacting the people directly. Any preferences?

Ken

Re: PyPI mirrors are out of date

"Martin v. Löwis"
> Speaking of bitbucket, should PyPI tickets go there now? I opened a
> PyPI ticket on sf.net last week to the resounding sounds of?
> crickets. :-)

Depends on the nature of the report. If this is a pull request, it can
go to bitbucket. PyPI support requests should continue to go to SourceForge.
If people do not "get" this, I'll just have to disable the bug tracker
on bitbucket.

Regards,
Martin

Am 05.04.2012 16:38, schrieb ken cochrane:
> Half of the PyPI mirrors are out of date, I have submitted a ticket here.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=513503&aid=3515213&group_id=66150
>
> Is there anything I can do to help get this resolved?

I fixed e, which also had a stuck process. b is google appengine, and
it's in the process of updating (the way appengine works, this will take
a few days).

Regards,
Martin