PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Lee Matthews

Hi All

I am wanting to use PyQt to open a browser and start a WebRTC session on my RPi. I have a basic script working fine on my Ubuntu PC using PyQt. It requires the WebEngineView class from the WebEngineWidgets module (Webkit is decremented and doesnt support WebRTC). However I cannot get the script working on my Raspberry Pi. It seems that the install of PyQT on RPi doesnt provide the various WebEngine modules. I installed it using "sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5"

Does PyQT for RPi not support the WebEngine modules?

Is there any way to get this to work?

If there is absolutely no way to get it working with PyQt, would Qt on the Pi have support for the WebEngine modules?

I have created a query on a forum at the link below if that is any help in explaining my query further...

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi

Thanks very much!!!

Sent from Outlook

Re: PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Vincent Vande Vyvre-2
Le 26/02/18 à 11:36, Lee Matthews a écrit :

[...]

QtWebEngine is recent in Debian packages.

You can find the reason at [0].

And here [1] on 2017-08-11 Simon Quigley declare "Fix Released", so try with the repository of Bionic Beaver.

But, I presume, you have to reinstall all PyQt packages from the new repo.

[0] https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=142954900813235&w=2
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1579265

Vincent

Re: PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Barry Scott
On 26 Feb 2018, at 10:36, Lee Matthews <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All

I am wanting to use PyQt to open a browser and start a WebRTC session on my RPi. I have a basic script working fine on my Ubuntu PC using PyQt. It requires the WebEngineView class from the WebEngineWidgets module (Webkit is decremented and doesnt support WebRTC). However I cannot get the script working on my Raspberry Pi. It seems that the install of PyQT on RPi doesnt provide the various WebEngine modules. I installed it using "sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5"

Does PyQT for RPi not support the WebEngine modules?

Is there any way to get this to work?

If there is absolutely no way to get it working with PyQt, would Qt on the Pi have support for the WebEngine modules?

What version number or Qt and PyQt did you install?
 I recall that raspbian packaged a very old version.

Barry

I have created a query on a forum at the link below if that is any help in explaining my query further...

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi

Thanks very much!!!

Sent from Outlook

Re: PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Lee Matthews

Thanks Vincent

The second link you referenced is about Ubuntu. It sounds like the extra porting to Debian (for the Pi) has not been done then, is that correct? I guess that is why the code works on my Ubuntu PC but not my Pi.

Does anyone know if QT on the Pi (rather than PyQT) would support QTWebEngineWidgets? I dont code in C++ but could learn for this simple use case if I knew that would work.

Sent from Outlook

[...]

[1] <a class="x_moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/&#43;source/qtbase-opensource-src/&#43;bug/1579265"> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1579265

Vincent