PyQt5 configure.py --enable=MODULE

Davide Pesavento
Hi,

It seems that when passing the --enable option to configure.py,
check_modules() is not called. For some modules, this means that the
corresponding config-tests/cfgtest_* is not built and run, which
results in mis-detection of some Qt features and potential build
failures later on.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Davide

Re: PyQt5 configure.py --enable=MODULE

Phil Thompson-5
On 27 Nov 2017, at 2:29 am, Davide Pesavento <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that when passing the --enable option to configure.py,
> check_modules() is not called. For some modules, this means that the
> corresponding config-tests/cfgtest_* is not built and run, which
> results in mis-detection of some Qt features and potential build
> failures later on.
>
> Is this a known bug?

It's not a bug. If you are specifically telling configure to build a module (rather than letting it decide) then it assumes you will do it for everything.

Phil

Re: PyQt5 configure.py --enable=MODULE

Davide Pesavento
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Phil Thompson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2017, at 2:29 am, Davide Pesavento <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that when passing the --enable option to configure.py,
>> check_modules() is not called. For some modules, this means that the
>> corresponding config-tests/cfgtest_* is not built and run, which
>> results in mis-detection of some Qt features and potential build
>> failures later on.
>>
>> Is this a known bug?
>
> It's not a bug. If you are specifically telling configure to build a module (rather than letting it decide) then it assumes you will do it for everything.

I'm not talking about the inter-dependencies between modules. I'm fine
with the configure not handling them. The problem is the cfgtest_*
programs and their output. There are actually two issues with them.
One being that they break cross-compilation (they cannot be run
because they're built for the target arch). And the second issue is
that they're not compiled/executed when --enable=MODULE is specified,
so qt features such as opengl support can be mis-detected.

Thanks,
Davide