PyQt5 examples not exiting

Donald Schwartfeger
Does anyone else have a problem with apps not quitting?
Usually the windows disappear but the app still exists and I don't get a command prompt back.

KDE on Manjaro Linux
thanks for any feedback one way or the other
Donald

Re: PyQt5 examples not exiting

Hans-Peter Jansen-2
On Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 15:26:55 Donald Schwartfeger wrote:
> Does anyone else have a problem with apps not quitting?
> Usually the windows disappear but the app still exists and I don't get a
> command prompt back.
>
> KDE on Manjaro Linux
> thanks for any feedback one way or the other

Donald, your report is a little sparse on the technical details.

Let's begin with the output of the attached script...

Cheers,
Pete

pyqtver.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: PyQt5 examples not exiting

Donald Schwartfeger
Running the script 'pyqtver.py' in your reply(Hans-Peter's) gives-

$ python pyqtver.py
Python: 3.6.5
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

and for python2-

$ python2 pyqtver.py
Python: 2.7.15
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

thanks
Donald

On Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 11:13:15 Donald Schwartfeger wrote:

> Running the script 'pyqtver.py' in your reply(Hans-Peter's) gives-
>
> $ python pyqtver.py
> Python: 3.6.5
> Sip: 4.19.8
> Qt: 5.11.1
> PyQt: 5.10.1
>
> and for python2-
>
> $ python2 pyqtver.py
> Python: 2.7.15
> Sip: 4.19.8
> Qt: 5.11.1
> PyQt: 5.10.1
Here, it's:

Python: 3.6.5
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

and

Python: 2.7.15
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

and no, I didn't c'n'p'ed your values :-), I'm using a openSUSE deviative
here, but cannot reproduce your issue from a cursory check.

Does it happen for any example or for specific ones? Have you tried a
different shell? Attached is a pretty minimal example for further testing..

You should also raise this issue in your distro's support channels in order to
get more data points, and keep us informed about new insights from there.

Cheers,
Pete

> thanks
> Donald
>
> On 10 July 2018 at 22:29, Hans-Peter Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 10. Juli 2018 15:26:55 Donald Schwartfeger wrote:
> > > Does anyone else have a problem with apps not quitting?
> > > Usually the windows disappear but the app still exists and I don't get a
> > > command prompt back.
> > >
> > > KDE on Manjaro Linux
> > > thanks for any feedback one way or the other
> >
> > Donald, your report is a little sparse on the technical details.
> >
> > Let's begin with the output of the attached script...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pete

test.py (212 bytes) Download Attachment