Pycon 2012 is full

Luca Pellicoro
Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
reasons to go on my own.

If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
something out?

Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?

Best,

Luca

Re: Pycon 2012 is full

Steve Piercy
Try contacting in order:

Tutorial sessions are still open.

It would not hurt to volunteer at the conference in any way,
given it is run by volunteers.

--steve

On 2/3/12 at 12:41 PM, [hidden email] (Luca Pellicoro) pronounced:

>Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
>with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
>reasons to go on my own.
>
>If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
>something out?
>
>Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?
>
>Best,
>
>Luca

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA

Re: Pycon 2012 is full

Luca Pellicoro
Thank you Steve. I just emailed the pycon-organizers list.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try contacting in order:
>
> Tutorial sessions are still open.
>
> It would not hurt to volunteer at the conference in any way, given it is run
> by volunteers.
>
> --steve
>

> On 2/3/12 at 12:41 PM, [hidden email] (Luca Pellicoro) pronounced:
>
>> Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
>> with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
>> reasons to go on my own.
>>
>> If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
>> something out?
>>
>> Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Luca
>

> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: Pycon 2012 is full

Luca Pellicoro
To just follow up, an engineer from another arm of my company saw my
pleading post on the organizer's list and contacted me with an extra
sponsor ticket. Super excited!

While it all worked out for me, the rest of my Python loving team will
not get to attend full time. So, I remember last year (or the year
before), Glen and others had organized a viewing of selected pycon
recorded talks. In the same spirit, we are working on organizing a
viewing for the community at large. We have a 200+ seat auditorium at
our disposition in Palo Alto.

More on that topic when the time comes.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Luca Pellicoro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Steve. I just emailed the pycon-organizers list.
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try contacting in order:
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Tutorial sessions are still open.
>>
>> It would not hurt to volunteer at the conference in any way, given it is run
>> by volunteers.
>>
>> --steve
>>

>> On 2/3/12 at 12:41 PM, [hidden email] (Luca Pellicoro) pronounced:
>>
>>> Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
>>> with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
>>> reasons to go on my own.
>>>
>>> If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
>>> something out?
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Luca
>>

>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: Pycon 2012 is full

Shannon -jj Behrens
That sounds awesome!

-jj

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Luca Pellicoro <[hidden email]> wrote:
To just follow up, an engineer from another arm of my company saw my
pleading post on the organizer's list and contacted me with an extra
sponsor ticket. Super excited!

While it all worked out for me, the rest of my Python loving team will
not get to attend full time. So, I remember last year (or the year
before), Glen and others had organized a viewing of selected pycon
recorded talks. In the same spirit, we are working on organizing a
viewing for the community at large. We have a 200+ seat auditorium at
our disposition in Palo Alto.

More on that topic when the time comes.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Luca Pellicoro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you Steve. I just emailed the pycon-organizers list.
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try contacting in order:
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Tutorial sessions are still open.
>>
>> It would not hurt to volunteer at the conference in any way, given it is run
>> by volunteers.
>>
>> --steve
>>

>> On 2/3/12 at 12:41 PM, [hidden email] (Luca Pellicoro) pronounced:
>>
>>> Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
>>> with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
>>> reasons to go on my own.
>>>
>>> If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
>>> something out?
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Luca
>>

>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Re: Pycon 2012 is full

Glen Jarvis
We will be doing PyCon videos again this year :). I'm going to PyCon, but I still want to see the videos that I miss (because they're happening at the same time)..

:)

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Luca Pellicoro <[hidden email]> wrote:
To just follow up, an engineer from another arm of my company saw my
pleading post on the organizer's list and contacted me with an extra
sponsor ticket. Super excited!

While it all worked out for me, the rest of my Python loving team will
not get to attend full time. So, I remember last year (or the year
before), Glen and others had organized a viewing of selected pycon
recorded talks. In the same spirit, we are working on organizing a
viewing for the community at large. We have a 200+ seat auditorium at
our disposition in Palo Alto.

More on that topic when the time comes.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Luca Pellicoro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you Steve. I just emailed the pycon-organizers list.
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try contacting in order:
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> Tutorial sessions are still open.
>>
>> It would not hurt to volunteer at the conference in any way, given it is run
>> by volunteers.
>>
>> --steve
>>

>> On 2/3/12 at 12:41 PM, [hidden email] (Luca Pellicoro) pronounced:
>>
>>> Just heard the news this morning. Sad time. I had planned to attend
>>> with the help of my company. At this point, I'll do what I can within
>>> reasons to go on my own.
>>>
>>> If someone here wished not to attend one of the days, could we work
>>> something out?
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? Leads on getting tickets?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Luca

>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.

-- Goethe