I’m happy to announce the release of pymssql 2.1.5, available to download
via pip and GitHub. Pymssql is a simple database interface for Python
that builds on top of FreeTDS to provide a Python DB-API (PEP-249)
interface to Microsoft SQL Server.
This is primary a Python3 compatibility release, with minor fixes in
bindings to FreeTDS and test suite. The release highlights are:
- Support Python-3.8 (and upcoming 3.9). Update tests for Python-3.8 compatibility.
- Use correct language level for building Cython extension.
- Fix FreeTDS version checks. Add check for version 7.4.
- Use Github Actions for building wheels for Linux, macOS and Windows.
- Drop bundled FreeTDS-0.95 binaries.