Python 1.5.2 (Previously compiled on PA-RISC) Application Crashes on Itanium

Python 1.5.2 (Previously compiled on PA-RISC) Application Crashes on Itanium

Wah Meng Wong
Hi guys,

I have a python application running on HP-UX B.11.23 U itanium 64 bit. My applicaiton crashes from time to time and I have not been able to trace what the rootcause as for each crashes, different commands were executed. If I run my application from a command window, here is the stack trace that it leaves behind, and a coredump file is generated.

tx30ap01 @ /3rd_party/genesis/genadm/genesis/Product/MaterialMgr OHT$ python MatlMgr.py MaterialMgr debug MatlMgr_Query 63656 &
[1] 7975
tx30ap01 @ /3rd_party/genesis/genadm/genesis/Product/MaterialMgr OHT$ [HP ARIES32]: Core file for 32 bit PA-RISC application
[HP ARIES32]: /3rd_party/genesis/8.3/Enablers/Python/bin/python saved to /3rd_party/genesis/8.3/Product/MaterialMgr/core.python.

I have following questions:-
1.) Could this be related to the incompatibility of python binary (python version 1.5.2 compiled for PA-RISC processor on an older version of HP-UX, back in year 2000) and HP-UX Itanium 64-bit platform?
2.) Any known issues of incompatibility of python 1.5.2 compiled on PA-RISC to run on Itanium 64-bit processor and OS?
3.) Anyway the core.python file can be inspected (to find out the rootcause) if I did not run my application with the debugger version of python?
4.) What python version is recommended and stable enough to be used on HP-UX Itanium platform if I were to perform a python compilation and upgrade to a higher version?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Regards,
Wah Meng