Python ASP in IIS - Error 500

J.D. Main
Hello,

I have been hunting for a solution to this one for some time.  I've already tried all the easy
stuff.  I have IIS 5 on a WinXP Pro machine.

CGI works, but no ASP.  All I get is:

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error  (nothing else - no other errors or explanation)

I have tried

1.  Reinstalling Python (v2.7 from ActiveState)
2.  Reinstalling IIS
3.  Running pyscript.py from "site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client"
4.  I have "friendly errors" turned off in IE

Here is the most basic ASP page I'm trying to run:

<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>

<HTML>
<head></head>
<h1>Python Test</h1>

<%
Response.Write('Python Test<br>')
Response.write('<h3>Smaller heading</hr>')
%>

Does anybody have any ideas?  This is really getting annoying and I can't find a solution.
Other people have complained of this and I've seen no solution.

Thanks.

J.D.

Re: Python ASP in IIS - Error 500

Éric Araujo
> Response.Write('Python Test<br>')
> Response.write('<h3>Smaller heading</hr>')

Is the difference in case okay?  (write vs. Write)

Regards

Re: Python ASP in IIS - Error 500

J.D. Main

Is the difference in case okay?  (write vs. Write)

Nice catch, but unfortunately, that's not the problem.  I have a new test.asp that looks like this:

<%
response.write("Hello World!")
%>

Still the same problem...

Re: Python ASP in IIS - Error 500

Randy Syring-3
You may get more traction on a question like this at the win32 mailing list.  You might even want to check those archives.  I have seen a few questions about python in ASP come through on that list.

Randy Syring
Intelicom
Direct: 502-276-0459
Office: 502-212-9913