Python Anywhere

Tony Cappellini-2

Do any of you use this service?

If so- would you briefly mention what you use it for?

Thanks

Re: Python Anywhere

David Berthelot-2
I don't use it but the technology demonstration seems cool.
It seems they target people that keep changing computers while always being connected to internet. I don't see a use for myself since I simply bring my laptop with me and I can keep coding with or without internet connection. But may be in the 3rd world or in poor countries where people don't own a laptop it can make a difference, although I don't really know much about the topic.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Tony Cappellini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do any of you use this service?

If so- would you briefly mention what you use it for?

Thanks

Re: Python Anywhere

Ryan Delucchi-3
Actually, I *love* this idea!

As I tend to use my personal laptop at home, take the BART to work (with my iPad), and use a different machine at work.
It would be awesome to just crack open some Python code in a web-browser, write a few functions and have them go live on the site all without using
any other tools.  The whole "just write code" deal without any configuration has tremendous appeal for me.  I'd argue that this is also great for someone like me
who has limited time for recreational programming and would like to just cut out all the configuration stuff to maximize coding time and be able to quickly do some
coding tasks from any machine.

I actually haven't heard of this so I will definitely have to try it out.

Ryan

On Apr 26, 2012, at 9:44 PM, David Berthelot wrote:

I don't use it but the technology demonstration seems cool.
It seems they target people that keep changing computers while always being connected to internet. I don't see a use for myself since I simply bring my laptop with me and I can keep coding with or without internet connection. But may be in the 3rd world or in poor countries where people don't own a laptop it can make a difference, although I don't really know much about the topic.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Tony Cappellini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do any of you use this service?

If so- would you briefly mention what you use it for?

Thanks

Re: Python Anywhere

ashish makani
This was on HN a few days ago