Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Michael Sparks-3
Hi,

I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is Monday still on?

<cheese>
OOI, would it be inappropriate to call this a Python Crawl rather than a
sprint ;-)
</cheese>

(sorry :-)

Michael.

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

John J Lee
On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Michael Sparks wrote:

> I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is Monday still on?

I'll be there, if this is in London and anybody else is going.

Where and when?

John

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Doug Winter
John J Lee wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Michael Sparks wrote:
>>I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is Monday still on?
>
> I'll be there, if this is in London and anybody else is going.

Here's the details:

http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html

I'll be there too.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
[hidden email]   / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
Tel: 020 7620 1446 / Mobile: 07879 423002 / Fax: 020 79006980

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Chris Miles-2
Count me in.

These things are always fun :)

Cheers
CM

--
Chris Miles
http://chrismiles.info/

On 8 Oct 2005, at 19:15, Doug Winter wrote:

> John J Lee wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Michael Sparks wrote:
>>
>>> I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is
>>> Monday still on?
>>>

>> I'll be there, if this is in London and anybody else is going.
>>

> Here's the details:
>
> http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html
>
> I'll be there too.

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Simon Brunning
On 08/10/05, Michael Sparks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is Monday still on?

Oh yes. Details here -
<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>.

> <cheese>
> OOI, would it be inappropriate to call this a Python Crawl rather than a
> sprint ;-)
> </cheese>

It's only a crawl if you visit at least half a dozen pubs. ;-)

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Jon Ribbens
Simon Brunning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I hadn't heard a peep on the list since the last comments. Is
> > Monday still on?
>
> Oh yes. Details here -
> <http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001921.html>.

I'd come for a bit if it was at the Lamb & Flag like before, since I
now live next door ;-) Can't make it to Smithfields unfortunately due
to time constraints.

On 10/10/05, Jon Ribbens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd come for a bit if it was at the Lamb & Flag like before, since I
> now live next door ;-)

Must be a bit of a temptation...

> Can't make it to Smithfields unfortunately due
> to time constraints.

Sorry - far too late to move it now.

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Ed Parcell
I'm going to try to come along when I get out of work. I've never been
to a Python meetup before and Smiths is fairly large as I remember.
Will the meetup be on the ground floor? How will the group be
recognizable?

Thanks,
Ed.

On 10/10/05, Ed Parcell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm going to try to come along when I get out of work. I've never been
> to a Python meetup before and Smiths is fairly large as I remember.
> Will the meetup be on the ground floor?

Yup.

> How will the group be recognizable?

A big bunch of nerds usually stands out, I find. Powerbooks
everywhere, all male, no suits, you'll spot us. ;-)

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Xtian-3
The other one I went to, I just looked for people looking earnest. The
other clientele weren't earnest-looking at all. You should be fine. :)

xtian

On 10/10/05, xtian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The other one I went to, I just looked for people looking earnest. The
> other clientele weren't earnest-looking at all. You should be fine. :)

Some pictures from the last one - might also help you to spot us:

<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/galleries/London_Python_meetup_13-04-2005/>

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Jon Ribbens
Simon Brunning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can't make it to Smithfields unfortunately due
> > to time constraints.
>
> Sorry - far too late to move it now.

Oh, sorry, I certainly wasn't suggesting it be moved!

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Simon Brunning wrote:
> On 10/10/05, Ed Parcell <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> > How will the group be recognizable?
>
> A big bunch of nerds usually stands out, I find. Powerbooks
> everywhere, all male, no suits, you'll spot us. ;-)

Will there be spam?

John

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Michael Sparks-2
On Monday 10 Oct 2005 14:45, John J Lee wrote:
> Will there be spam?

I can bring a tin of spam if you REALLY want, he says looking at the tin on
his desk...  :-)

Michael
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
[hidden email], http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/

This e-mail may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC.

On 10/10/05, John J Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Will there be spam?

I might spoil you.

Simon B,
[hidden email],

Re: Python Meetup Monday 10th?

Michael Foord
Simon Brunning wrote:
> On 10/10/05, John J Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Will there be spam?
>

> I might spoil you.

Shame I won't be there... have a good time guys.

Fuzzy

On 10/10/05, Michael Sparks <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can bring a tin of spam if you REALLY want, he says looking at the tin on
> his desk...  :-)

And I thought that was only me -
<http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/archives/001824.html>. ;-)

Simon B,