Netsight are looking for a new full-time developer. Founded in 1999, we are one of Bristol's longest running web design and development firms. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to build a successful career in software and web development, and work with a great local company. Find out more about us at http://www.netsight.co.uk/about
About 90% of our work involves Plone, an Open Source Content Management system, and whilst we don't expect you to have direct experience in Plone we want someone willing to get their hands dirty and learn what we believe is the best system out there for web publishing. We are actively involved in the wider Plone community and there is an opportunity for travel for various events — later this year we are all off to San Francisco for a week at the annual Plone Conference.
We are looking for someone who likes to solve problems and who is happy to look things up for themselves. You're likely to be working in small teams, so you'll need to be happy asking colleagues for help when you need it or want to bounce ideas off someone.
We are a pretty relaxed company and have an informal, open-plan office, and we enjoy a dram of whisky on a Friday afternoon. That said, we need people who can manage their time effectively and take responsibility for the work they are doing.
We work with organisations and businesses from a wide variety of sectors, so there is quite a lot of variety to the projects that we take on. Whilst we aim to build re-usable, modular systems, every client is different and so each project includes requirements analysis and client liason, in which the whole team is involved.
• At least 2 years experience in commercial web development.
• Knowledge of Python.
• Experience of some kind of server-side web publishing system.
• Good communication skills – this role will quickly become client facing to at least some degree, as you clarify requirements and report progress to members of the clients' organisations. You will also need the ability to work well in small, closely-knit teams (typically of 2 to 4 people) and effectively argue your case when needed.
• The ability to not freak out due to lack of braces in a language (councilling available).
What’s in it for you?
• Starting salary in the region of £30,000 (depending on experience).
• Laptop and mobile phone.
• Conference attendance allowance.
• A relaxed working environment.
• Share options as you progress (and associated dividends).